A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High dose Vit. D weekly vs. low dose Vit. D daily

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Thinktank, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    Like many others with CFS/ME or lyme i don't tolerate vitamin D very well. I've tried many different brands at different dosages without much luck.

One way to raise vit. D is by using a megadose once weekly. I did so in the past for 6 weeks @ 50.000 IU as prescribed by my gastroenterologist. That raised my vit. D level from 21 to 47, yes i felt sick when taking the supplement but that was only for a single day. Given the success i had with such a weekly high dose i'm planning to try it again.

Does anyone know if it's harmful to use a single dose of 50.000 IU weekly for a longer period of time?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    I have been taking 50,000 iu of D twice a week, for several months. My genetic tendencies and continually low counts made me take the supplement more seriously, and twice a week much better than every day - given my laziness in taking pills every day. (If you saw my side table crammed from corner to corner with pill bottles of all shapes and sizes,, you would appreciate me strong desire to take fewer pills) Asked doc if I could take one high dose twice a week and she said yes that would cover me.
    Hope it works out for you. I'll let you know if this protocol is working for me next time I my blood checked for d.
    Good luck,
    JAH

See more popular forum discussions.