• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High Dose P5P

acrosstheveil

I have kpu/pyroluria and have a question about dosing p5p. I Know klinghardt recommends taking p5p solely at night but lately I have been thinknig that taking it spread throughout the day would be a better option. I am really lacking energy during the day and dosing it all at once at night sometimes keeps me up later than I would like. When I first started taking it I had really vivid dreams but now I can't recall my dreams anymore. I think I may need to be taking a higher dosage. Currently, I am taking 3 tabs at night (33.8mg tabs) so I take about 100 mg at bedtime. Would it be wise to take some throughout the day as well? Say 1 tab at breakfast and 1 tab at lunch to help increase energy throughout the day? perhaps, this owuld bring back the dream recall as well? Or maybe I need to be increasing my zinc dosage (currently at 180mg at breakfast)?

undcvr

Sometimes I take 200-300 mg at nite before bed, I have spread it out during the day as well especially in the morning when I wake up. Either way is fine. My p5p is enteric-coated. I do up my dose and use my dream/vivid recall as a guide as to whether I can taking too much or not.

acrosstheveil

i had some vivid dreams and could actually recall them when i first upped it to 100 mg. that only lasted a few days though. does this mean I should keep raising my dose?

undcvr

i did that or u cud take a higher dose and spread it out thru out the day