• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High dose Folate and 23andme results?

Hi guys, I have two questions. I would really appreciate some help. I have CFS and have been doing fredds b12 protocol for about 6 months. I don’t sleep well at all so I usually take melatonin which helps. Recently I tried 4mg (5 x800mcg) of metafolin before bed and slept like a log. It really helps me to sleep well but I’ve read on here somewhere that taking high amounts Folate with b12 is not a good idea? I seem to have a more severe fatigue in my head the next day. Is taking high Folate a bad idea?

Second, I’ve got my results back from 23andme. I’m waiting to see my doctor again so she can interpret the results for me (She has a long waiting list). I want to post my results but I don’t even know where to start. Can someone who has done the 23andme test please tell me where to look to find out about MTHFR mutation and any other helpful stuff. I read I have to run the results though heartfixer's site, whatever that means. I really have no idea.

I would love some help guys. Thanks so much.

juniemarie

If you click on the little arrow next to your name way at the top in the black strip you will see signature, click on that. First go into the genetic section of the forum and see how people post them well you can look at mine right here.....usually the first line are the +/+ snap's and under that the snap's that are +/-. It will be easier for people to advise you once they know what the SNP's your dealing with are. Also do some searches putting in whatever the SNP you want to find out more about. Use the google site search which is in the list at the bottom of the main forum page, the index. If you try and use the regular search because you are just searchg letters you wont get anything.
I can tell you there is an order to treating the SNP's CBS, ACAT,SHMT are first priority then you move on to MTR,MTHFR & MTRR next COMT & BHMT I think thats the order....hopefully someone will correct me if I got it wrong.
I am sure about CBS coming first. Thats what I am working on.
Go to the Genetic section and read as much as you can that apply to your mutations. There's tons of info there and people also have links in their signature for videos and other useful sites.

Thanks juniemarie

There isn’t an arrow next to my name though. When I go into my profile it says my data is not yet available. But I received emails from them saying my results are available. And I can access “my results” and “browse raw data” sections..
Thoughts?

index.php

Attachments

• chrismac.jpg
    chrismac.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 45