1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High dose acetylcarnitine, B12, phosphoserine, glutamine, BCAA

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by A.B., May 24, 2014.

1. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

I have recently started a treatment prescribed by my CFS doctor. The program is:

1. Intramuscolar injections of 500 mg acetylcarnitin for 15 days a month for two months.
    2. Intramuscolar injections of 5000 IU cyanocobalamin every week for two months.
    3. A supplement containing 40mg dl-phosphoserine, 500 mcg cyanocobalamin, 60 mg l-glutamine for 15 days a month for two months.
    4. Branched chain amino acids (no exact dose specified) for 15 days for two months.

I've done 10 days on it so far. At first the treatment improved mood, then increased energy levels pleasantly and now I'm feeling somewhat overstimulated. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but at least something is happening. I'll plan to do at least one month, then it should be clearer what the overall effect is. I'll post updates.

PennyIA and Little Bluestem like this.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

One more dose and I'm done with the first two weeks of treatment. I'm seeing more positive changes now. I have relatively consistently been able to do more than usual, and mood has improved as well.

See more popular forum discussions.