Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High Dopamine / Methylation

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Hope78, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Hope78

Hope78

Germany
    Hi!

In 2014 I was tested for neurotransmitters and was very high in dopamine, normal in norepinephrine, normal to high in serotonine and low in epinephrine.

I now repeated the test with nearly the same result: still too much dopa and low in epinephrine.

High dopa is probably due to slow versions of MAO A+B and COMT. Low epinephrine is about being short in methyl groups.

The dilemma: as soon as I try to boost my methylation (SAMe, TMG, methylB12 and so on) my dopamine rises and as it's already elevated I feel agitated with anxiety and very vidid nightmares. A big no because insomnia is one of my main problems.

So any suggestions how I can improve my methylation without further rising dopamine?

Are there any dopamine lowering supplements I am not aware of?

Thank you!

2. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    SAMe would elevate serotonin, and that may well contribute to feelings of anxiety and crazy dreams. A lot of the high serotonin and high dopamine symptoms are similar.

If you are 'very high' in dopamine, you might want to talk to a physician you trust about dopamine-blockers.

If you don't have a physician you can trust, you might want to check out Bacopa monierii -- here is a list of research on its effect on dopamine and on serotonin.

I wouldn't aim for methylation right away... is there a reason that's the type of treatment you're going for?

-J

South likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.