• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High cystathionine on Doctor's Data Methylation Profile. What does it mean?

Hi,

Just going through my stacks of test results trying to come up with ideas as to why I am in the horrible mess I am in today, and looking at my methylation profile from June this year realised all over again how high my cystathionine is.

It is 0.23, reference range <0.05. My homocysteine is 8.6, yet I am CBS 360++.

My SAM:SAH ratio is 8.8. Anybody got any brains without fog to help me understand this, please?

I had an OAT test in August this year showing low B6 and B2.

Any food or supplementing at the moment is causing a variety of odd reactions, including depressed mood after eating carrots, and a difficulty-breathing type response to a pear.

I have gall bladder and pancreas issues, currently hurting.

I am homozygous MAO and VDR Taq.

Oh to be well again; the dream lives on. I worry sometimes that the determination I have been able to find to try to find answers will not be enough as I feel I am on a downward trend.

Good healing to all

Mels