• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High cortiosl, Diabetes inspidus, EBV, IGG

Ocean

Anyone else have this? My 24 hour cortisol is high. I thought most people with CFS?ME struggled with low cortisol? The lab test definitely makes sense because I have symptoms of high cortisol so I am very glad to finally see a lab test reflecting my symptoms for a change. I wonder if taking steroid nasal sprays over a long period might have anything to do with the high cortisol by any chance. I guess I will ask him about that as well.

I also have borderline diabetes insepidus. And will repeat that test too. I'm glad to see my tetss showing something! For so long it's been "everything looks great" while I have been feeling not even close to great!

I had a few things off when I had infectious disease testing done some years back, but at the time I was feeling better than now and the doctor said it's nothing really. One was EBV and the other was IGG3, which was low. My overall IGG is high too, showing allergies, which seem to really act up in an abnormal way with my CFS.

Anyone have similar test results or have any info that may be useful for me to share with or ask my doctor?

mellster

Marco
Hi Ocean - I had high morning (fasting) cortisol (24 hr was not measured), high EBV IGG titers and self-diagnosed borderline diabetes insipidus (how do you test this?). It seems to be much better now, but you might want to check out my treatments overview post (needs to be updated as some things have been added) if you think we could be close regarding causating factors. cheers

Ocean

Thanks Mellster. My a.m. cortisol was normal but my overall for 24 hours was high. The diabetes insep. test for me was a urine test done after not drinking for a certain number of hours. Do you have a link to your post? Have you taken anything that might have caused the high cortisol? Did you get any treatment for it? Maybe these will be answered when I read your post. Thanks!

Valentijn

In the glutathione depletion theory, the thought is that cortisol starts too high due to physical or other stress, then eventually plummets. Diabetes insipidus is an expected side effect of glutathione depletion, due to trouble producing antidiuretic hormone.

Viral reactivation is also quite common, as the part of the immune system that usually keeps those viruses suppressed is unable to do its job, and the resulting over-compensation from the other part of the immune system results in other immune dysfunction.

ukme

You may want to watch Rich van K's insightful seminar held recently, it refers to high cortisol/diabetes etc in first section

http://iaomt. media.fnf. nu/2/skovde_ 2011_me_kroniskt _trotthetssyndro m/$%7Bweburl% 7D

Cindi

AFAIK Cortisol goes high at initial stages of adrenal exhaustion. Than it starts going low at some times of the day and finally it goes low whole day. You may wish to make some further exploration on `adrenal exhaustion` `adrenal fatigue` `hypoadrenia`. You cortisol being high means that you are more on sympathetic side. You may need to find a way to slow down excessive sympathetic nervous system activity. best wishes.

Ocean

Thanks everyone for the info. So it's inevitable I'm headed for adrenal fatigue if my cortisol is currently high? How does one slow down the sympathetic nervous system?

Cindi

Don't wish to be upsetting but this is actually the most difficult part. I have been trying to slow it down for many years but still could not find an effective way. You may wish to make a search at web.You will come across many recommendations.Wish you the best.