Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High CD56%, low CD8

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by joe12, Dec 7, 2014.

1. joe12

joe12 Senior Member

The Lymphocyte# was at 1.4 with a 1.00-3.50 range. CD56 was at 24%, CD8 is slightly low at 18%. I included the results of the panel. Could it be that the system is trying to compensate poor T cell function by increasing NK numbers? I think I have some characteristics of a mild DiGeorge syndrome, which is associated with poor T cell and Thymus function. Before this is, some fatty replacement on the area of the thymus after thymic residue was found close to the spleen.

Then a PET-CT said something about fat close to where the thymus is supposed to be after mentioning the thyroid, which has goiter and possible thyroiditis.

I also think that I have a mild form of cushing syndrome, I had borderline high cortisol levels before, and its associated with unusual and frequent infections.

Maybe I have an abnormal thymus producing defective T cells, and perhaps the result is higher number of NK cells.

I had a CT scan of the head before, mentioning possible cerebrospinal fluid overproduction that could be due to choroid plexus papilloma in my left ventricle. I followed this up and it seems it hasn't changed, just assumed as a normal variant. I have my doubts thou. Maybe my headaches could be caused by a virus marginally controlled or due to problems related to CSF circulation.

I wonder what the next step should be. I guess I will just have to wait for an immunologist appointment.

@Valentijn @Hip @Sushi @SOC @alex3619
    Lymphocyte Count.jpg

wastwater likes this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Nk numbers could be high trying to compensate for a low nk function? ?

joe12 likes this.
  3. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I've been wondering about some connection to digeorge for myself , joe12. I don't have any lmmune readings or extra knowledge on this.

4. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I think the treatment is calcium and vitamin D so maybe get those checked

See more popular forum discussions.