Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High Bilirubin

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Vanguard, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Vanguard

Vanguard

Hi guys,

So along with a bunch of other test results I found that I have high Bilirubin

2.1 H (Reference Range: 0.2-1.2 mg/dl)

I know this is related to liver functioning. Anybody know about this or have a similar result?

Thanks

2. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Elevated unconjugated/indirect billirubin only is gilbert's syndrome I believe. So glucoronidation insufficiency.
    If both conjugated/indirect and unconjugrated/direct are elevated apparently (according to my doctor as I have this) this means likely glucoronidation overloaded.

I could be wrong on some of this tho ! :D Someone else might be able to clarify.

3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

Australia
    This is really common amongst ME/CFS patients, I wonder why it hasn't gotten more attention.. I seem to remember a figure as high as 40-50% of patients at one stage.

4. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK

See more popular forum discussions.