1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High Bilirubin

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Vanguard, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Vanguard

Vanguard

Hi guys,

So along with a bunch of other test results I found that I have high Bilirubin

2.1 H (Reference Range: 0.2-1.2 mg/dl)

I know this is related to liver functioning. Anybody know about this or have a similar result?

Thanks

2. hixxy

hixxy Woof woof

Russell Island, Australia
    Elevated unconjugated/indirect billirubin only is gilbert's syndrome I believe. So glucoronidation insufficiency.
    If both conjugated/indirect and unconjugrated/direct are elevated apparently (according to my doctor as I have this) this means likely glucoronidation overloaded.

I could be wrong on some of this tho ! :D Someone else might be able to clarify.

3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    This is really common amongst ME/CFS patients, I wonder why it hasn't gotten more attention.. I seem to remember a figure as high as 40-50% of patients at one stage.

4. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK

See more popular forum discussions.