Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Blood tests showed high B12 twice. Can I draw conclusions from that given my 23andme results?
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/my-23andme-results.1393/

Or maybe it was because I had supplements containing more B vitamins that week? I wasn't taking B complex or anything with a lot of B12 that I can remember, but I did have a multi vitamin on and off sometimes. Some drinks might add B12 in some form, but would my body be able to absorb those anyway?

I tested with normal B12 levels once or twice too. I don't think I tested with low B12 before. My B6 was normal twice and folate was normal once.

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Blood tests measure serum B12 and not the B12 in the cells where it's needed. So a high test can mean lots of B12 floating around in the blood, but not getting into the cells. So it can mean you're deficient. That's why it's a good idea to also look at signs and symptoms of B12 deficiency.

ACAT and the MTRRs (which you have) can cause B12 deficiency.

3. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Thanks. I remember seeing a post you made about that, but I forgot.

4. Creekee

Creekee Senior Member

Arizona
    Hi SickOfSickness,

I've been testing high (above tested range) on B12 and folate for the past couple of years. With very little or no supplementation. Based on info I've found here and other places, I'm more and more convinced I actually have functional deficiencies. Have nearly every symptom of B12 deficiency no matter how high my serum level is.

Do you have symptoms? That might be another clue.

I'm now supplementing B12 and folate with Rich's SMP and feeling quite a bit better. Suspect that also indicates I had functional deficiencies.

Don't want to seem to be giving pretend doctor advice, just letting you know you are not alone on this one!

:hug:

SickOfSickness likes this.
  5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    This is from Rich

SickOfSickness likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.