1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Two: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 21 March 2014
Searcher kicks us off on Day Two, with an autoimmunity overview, then we are into immunology and cytokines, we hear from Susan Levine and the allergy-related signatures study done with Lipkin et. al, a talk about paravirus B-19, Mady Hornig from CFI with more research, John Chia who...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

HHV-6 IgG

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by soxfan, Nov 22, 2010.

1. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    I have been tested many times before for this and always came up with a negative. I don't believe it was tested by titer..
    So I was just informed by the doctors office my IgG was a positive. I know just about everyone has been exposed to this virus at sometime in their life so I am not really concerned.

I am just wondering why after many tests do I suddenly show up with a positive? I believe I have had this test at least 4 or 5 times in the past 6 years. Does it mean maybe I just was recently exposed or that it is suddenly activated? Just curious....thanks all

Kim
  2. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

3. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    Thanks Timaca...I would say it doesn't mean much since he didn't get a titer reading. The strange thing is that my WBC has been low since April (3.6 now 3.2).

See more popular forum discussions.