August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

HHS/OWH Interview with ME/CFS Patient Lindsey McGrath (Jan. 2014)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Wally, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Wally

Wally Senior Member

*Even though this news item is a year old, I thought it was interesting that this interview was conducted by the HHS/OWH and it is still available on the OWH website. Here is a link that explains how these Spotlight News Interviews are developed. http://womenshealth.gov/news/Spotlights/About this Program/about-program.html

*(Note - I did not find this patient interview when I conducted a PR Forum search, so hopefully this is not duplicating another post.)

http://womenshealth.gov/news/spotlights/2014/1.html

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Iquitos

Iquitos Senior Member

Colorado
    Too bad her parting shot was a plug for "CFIDS Association of America", the US government's Trojan Horse front for the CDC's disinformation campaign. Suzanne Vernon, their scientific advisor, has her name on quite a few bogus "research" papers with Bill Reeves.

3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

I've asked relatives to post this to facebook. Hopefully someone connected to them will find it there and read it.

Thanks for finding and posting here. I'm trying to find and bookmark the growing number of good articles that explain the experience of ME.

4. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    Well this is interesting. It appears there are actually two "Offices of Women's Health", with almost the same name. In the NIH, we have the "Office of Research on Women's Health" operating as a program office in the Office of the Director. Meanwhile at HHS we have the "Office of Women's Health", which is directed by the Deputy Assistant Secretary for [Women's] Health (DASWH.)

I'm guessing the HHS "Office of Women's Health" didn't get the memo about ME being a psychological disease that the "Office of Research on Women's Health" has been following to the letter.

See more popular forum discussions.