• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hey Guys

hmnr asg

hi folks,
The anabolic steroids sounds like a plausible idea. I would try it if I could get a hold of some. I know theyre illegal in Canada where I live.
As for the bodybuilding being a trigger for the CFS, I have to say I disagree with it a little. In my own mind, and I know this is ridiculous because this is such a complex disease that who knows what is the cause and whats the correlation, but in my mind the triggers were psychological. The bodybuilding might have reduced my resistance to this disease perhaps due to the significant physical stresses i was putting myself through, but I dont see it as the trigger. I have been working out all my life and I never had any problems. However, about a year prior to the beginning of my CFS, i got into a very very bad relationship. The next few months proved to be the worst months of my life and even though I have gone through some hard things in life, this was by far the most psychologically stressing few months. I mean i could feel the stress in my body in a way I have never felt before, even though I have an anxiety disorder. Anyhoo, my initial symptoms were GI and then the fatigue and the brain fog nightmare started to do their magic. But I think the "trigger" was emotional. (could be totally wrong though)

I honestly feel that if I could have gone back in time and told myself to snap out of it and leave that relationship I wouldnt be in this position.

H

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
hi folks,
The anabolic steroids sounds like a plausible idea. I would try it if I could get a hold of some. I know theyre illegal in Canada where I live.
As for the bodybuilding being a trigger for the CFS, I have to say I disagree with it a little. In my own mind, and I know this is ridiculous because this is such a complex disease that who knows what is the cause and whats the correlation, but in my mind the triggers were psychological. The bodybuilding might have reduced my resistance to this disease perhaps due to the significant physical stresses i was putting myself through, but I dont see it as the trigger. I have been working out all my life and I never had any problems. However, about a year prior to the beginning of my CFS, i got into a very very bad relationship. The next few months proved to be the worst months of my life and even though I have gone through some hard things in life, this was by far the most psychologically stressing few months. I mean i could feel the stress in my body in a way I have never felt before, even though I have an anxiety disorder. Anyhoo, my initial symptoms were GI and then the fatigue and the brain fog nightmare started to do their magic. But I think the "trigger" was emotional. (could be totally wrong though)

I honestly feel that if I could have gone back in time and told myself to snap out of it and leave that relationship I wouldnt be in this position.

H

I didnt think we were meaning exercise caused our cfs but when we got cfs, weight training and other exercise can make things alot worse and caused us to push ourselves more. STeroids i think would be a good tool to maybe improve exercise recovery and those hiv studies show that it improves immune function.

cheers!!!