• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies

Boule de feu

I'm sorry this is happening to you! My husband has had several instances of pressure (one incident of standing with his arm against a fence for several minutes) palsy. He couldn't use his forearm at all at first, and it gradually improved, subsiding in a month to three months. This was before he got sick. When he had the nerve testing, the neurologist said he had the nerves of a 90 year old (he was less than 40) laughed and shrugged his shoulders. No explanation. He is also sensitive to slight touch on his arms and legs which feels painful. We believe exposure to a potent neurotoxin (a now-banned pesticide) may have caused all this and may have caused three members of our family to end up with CFS. Environmental exposures may very well be one of the triggers.

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how your lives must be with 3 suffering from this disease. I'm the only one in this house, and it's pure h*&%...

What you are saying about your husband is EXACTLY it! Right now, I am sitting comfortably on my office chair. However, I can feel my nerves in the back of my thighs and the electricity going down to the bottom of my foot. Probably a nerve that is trapped somewhere in that area. It doesn't take long before the "shocks" sensation starts.

Just before I got really sick, I could feel the electricity going from my hips to my calves. I also had electricity starting at the bottom of my neck down to my big toe. That's probably something totally different, though.

I am hypersensitive to so many things! So, why not to pressure?

Best of luck to you and your family!