• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Herbal Antibiotics (Book) - by Stephen Buhner

Wayne

My partner just bought this book, and I thought I would make a quick mention that she thinks it's excellent. She's been reading books like this for years, and feels this is one of the best ones she's run across. Buhner apparently makes the point that literally every country in the world is embracing herbal remedies, and the US is the only country left that essentially rejects them outright. -- [I haven't read it yet myself, as I'm currently reading another of Buhner's books entitled, "Healing Lyme - Natural Healing and Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis and Its Coinfections".]

One thing she mentioned to me was that Buhner takes herbal medical studies that have been conducted in various countries, and then compares the analysis of these studies by the institutions in the host country, and by US medical review journals. Interestingly, the host country often finds remarkable potential, and advises additional studies, whereas US medical journals take the same data and come to the just the opposite conclusion. The link on the image below will take you to the Amazon page where there are a number of reviews:

jeffrez

Looks very good - always searching for alternatives to pharmaceutical antibiotics. Not surprising that the corporate-owned US research community would downplay and utterly dismiss the effectiveness, or even potential effectiveness, of herbal remedies.

GracieJ

I've used herbal antibiotics for over 20 years with good success. The more we can learn, the better.