• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heptaminol hydrochloride

jimmy86

Hi,

my doctor prescribed me Heptaminol hydrochloride for OI/POTS. I did not find any reviews or recommendations for the use of heptaminol in POTS or CFS.

As I am afraid of pills, especially when it concerns the heart, I wanted to ask if anyone of you has ever taken heptaminol and what kind of positive/negative effects it had on you.

Thank you.

Jimmy

jimmy86

Thanks @Valentijn for this information. It is apparently also a drug on the doping list :).

However, the French agency for health has recently stopped recommending it since it can trigger adverse reactions, so I am not sure whether to give it a try... :(

However, the French agency for health has recently stopped recommending it since it can trigger adverse reactions, so I am not sure whether to give it a try... :(
As far as I know, every med for hypotension has adverse reactions, when used in people without hypotension, or if the dose is too high. They're supposed to raise blood pressure, and that can be unpleasant and dangerous if someone already has normal or elevated blood pressure.