Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Heptaminol hydrochloride

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by jimmy86, Sep 21, 2015.

1. jimmy86

jimmy86

Hi,

my doctor prescribed me Heptaminol hydrochloride for OI/POTS. I did not find any reviews or recommendations for the use of heptaminol in POTS or CFS.

As I am afraid of pills, especially when it concerns the heart, I wanted to ask if anyone of you has ever taken heptaminol and what kind of positive/negative effects it had on you.

Thank you.

Jimmy

2. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

@jimmy86 - Heptaminol is a vasoconstrictor used to treat orthostatic hypotension. It looks like it does that by increasing norepinephrine levels by inhibiting the uptake of it. So it's probably an NRI.

Some of us have had good results with another NRI, Strattera.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1929117

jimmy86 likes this.
  3. jimmy86

jimmy86

Thanks @Valentijn for this information. It is apparently also a drug on the doping list :).

However, the French agency for health has recently stopped recommending it since it can trigger adverse reactions, so I am not sure whether to give it a try... :(

4. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

As far as I know, every med for hypotension has adverse reactions, when used in people without hypotension, or if the dose is too high. They're supposed to raise blood pressure, and that can be unpleasant and dangerous if someone already has normal or elevated blood pressure.

jimmy86 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.