• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hepatomegaly (enlarged liver) and elevated Bilirubin

ryan31337

Hi all,

Curious to know if anyone here has both an enlarged liver and elevated Bilirubin?

I've had elevated Bilirubin showing up in tests consistently for years, alongside mild jaundice at times of poorer health. The GP assumed it was Gilbert's Syndrome, I was aware of it's prevalence with ME patients so I ignored it.

I've recently had an abdominal CT as part of investigation into episodes of significant hypertension and it was noted that I had an enlarged liver, which 'may reflect a riedel's lobe', though liver function tests have been recommended which I will of course get done.

Hopefully these are just two unrelated benign issues - would welcome any thoughts, experience or advice on this though. If not a riedel's lobe and in the realm of ME related stuff I guess I could be looking at persistent infection?

Thanks,
Ryan.

Last edited: