1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hepapressin?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Sparrowhawk, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    I've noticed some folks seeing some improvements while on Hepapressin in the GcMAf threads. Does it work for any benefit without GCMAF? If folks was to try this, do you have to find an MD to prescribe or administer it. Thanks.

I gather the angle here is immunomodulation somewhat like with Equilibrant, only without the antiviral aspect?
  2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Yes, Nexavir (kutapressin) is what I used as my first antiviral and I did notice some improvement with it. I did not use it with GcMAF. It is an immunomodulator and it also has antiviral activity.

You have to find a doctor to prescribe it. I injected it on a rotating schedule 1-3 mL subQ.

Ema
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

4 ME from the Netherlands is the same stuff but I don't think it requires a prescription...but then you have shipping, possible customs issues.

It also does something to repair cell walls, which may prevent some pathogens from entering cells.

Sushi
  4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    Thanks Ema and Sushi for your responses on this. So it sounds like it is somewhat of an antiviral and somewhat of an immune modulator/ cellular health promotor.
  5. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Does anyone know if the nexavir gel is as good as the injections? Does the 4ME come in oral or gel form?
  6. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

No experience with the gel. My doc only prescribes the injections. 4 ME only comes as an injection.

Best,
    Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.