May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hemispherx Fires Founder / Ampligen inventor William Carter

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by dannybex, Feb 20, 2016.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Valentijn likes this.
  2. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
  3. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

So is this is a good or bad thing? I know the US has no FDA approval and Canada although it can be used here is has just caught on to that this may be an actual disease.

Boy my blood boils when i think about the UK and PACE....Ok back to ampligen good or not good for Hemispherix?

4. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Senior Member

I think it is a good thing. Apparently :) Carter has had a contentious relationship with the FDA, which has not improved over time, he has paid himself large salaries and bonuses, and has family members on the payroll. If Collins is considering an ampligen clinical trial, cleaning up the business end of hemispherx can only be a plus. In fact, maybe Collins insisted. The boards direction is concentrated on finding partners, shareholder value, serving patients, and running lean until they can develop some of their large inventory of technology.

dannybex, Valentijn and Sasha like this.
  5. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Senior Member

6. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I think it's a good thing too. Just confounding why this didn't happen 5 years ago, at the very least.

7. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Senior Member

Well, Carter is co-inventor of Ampligen and founder of the company. CEO's get fired for failing to perform - they gave Carter a very long rope. I think the delay in alferon manufacturing late last summer was the beginning of the end for Carter. It put the company in financial jeopardy, the stock was in the tank and no drugs were helping patients.

8. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

After what I have read, Definatelty a good thing and hopefully with new leadership more good things in the future for Hemisphrix and the MECFS Community.

dannybex likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.