Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hemispherx/Chronix Patent Application For Diagnostic Test for CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Cort, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Diagnostic test Patent produced! This is high tech stuff. De Meirleir quite awhile ago proposed that ME/CFS patients had high rates of cell apoptosis (suicide) and that they could trace that, I think, by looking at actin. This appears to be something different but it does assert that cells are dying in CFS patients blood in high amounts and something different happens in them when they do die - which is released into the blood - and can be picked up by this test. They appear to do this on the chromosome level - it really sounds like cutting edge stuff.

2. Riley

Riley Senior Member

Louisiana
    Does anyone have a guess as to how long it will take to come to market? Also do they have to prove it's efficacy to some governing body before being made available?

3. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    There's already a thread on this...

Maybe someone could merge the two threads?

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showth...rx-and-Chronix-file-patent-for-CFS-blood-test

p.s. Riley, in answer to your question -- and this is just a wild guess, but everything takes years longer than we would hope, and this seems to be doubly true when it comes to Hemispherx. They've been trying to get some sort of approval for Ampligen for over 20 years, if not longer.

Time will tell.

4. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    This is supposed to be 1 of FDAs number #1 job! So yes. The FDA was originally created to protect us from "snake oil" salesmen!

GG

5. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    Wonder how much to blame Hemispherx is. The FDA green-lighting Ampligen would be the first official admittal by the US government that CFS is immune-related in origin.

See more popular forum discussions.