• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hemispherx Biopharma Reviews Ampligen® Data With National Institute of Neurological Disorders and St

JohnnyD

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hemispherx-biopharma-reviews-ampligen-data-133000562.html

“Our recent meeting with Dr. Koroshetz and members of the Trans NIH working group allowed us to review Ampligen® studies to date and discuss how the NIH’s research may assist us in closing key questions from the FDA,” said Thomas K. Equels, CEO of Hemispherx Biopharma. “We were pleased the open forum allowed NIH to discuss the science and their commitment toward advancing treatment.”

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
PHILADELPHIA, March 10, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hemispherx Biopharma (NYSE MKT:HEB) (the “Company” or “Hemispherx”) announced that the strong commitment by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to advance research on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) signals a major research effort by NIH in the diagnosis and treatment of this complex and poorly understood life-robbing disease. Lead by NIH Director Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., the NIH held an open call with the ME/CFS patient community March 8 to detail some of those efforts.

There are pigs flying somewhere... I just know there are. :balloons:

Yes, I know this may go nowhere, but so much good news lately, it feels good to do a little happy-laying-down-in-bed dance.

JohnnyD

Here is another article covering the same release, but angled a little differently.

Hemispherx BioPharma, Inc (NYSEMKT:HEB) Reviews Ampligen Data with NINDS

http://www.journaltranscript.com/20...-nysemktheb-reviews-ampligen-data-with-ninds/

Hemispherx BioPharma, Inc (NYSEMKT:HEB) has announced that it has compared its results from the Ampligen data, with the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. The research being conducted by the National Institute of Health focuses on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Hemispherx believes that the research would be a game changer for patients of the disease. The NIH had updated, the patients, on its research developments, under Francis S. Collins, on March 8 in an open call.

Thomas K. Equels, the CEO of HEB, stated that the company management had met with the delegates of the NIH, to review Apmligen studies, in order to answer questions, vital to gain FDA approval of the drug. The director of NINDS, Walter Koroshetz, had identified the syndrome as a “difficult problem” and had announced plans to include universities and companies to find a solution. It is expected that an estimated 20 NIH institutes would be working on the problem, to identify biomarkers, symptoms, mechanisms and causes of the disease.