Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hemispherx Biopharma Reviews Ampligen® Data With National Institute of Neurological Disorders and St

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by JohnnyD, Mar 10, 2016.

1. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Senior Member

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hemispherx-biopharma-reviews-ampligen-data-133000562.html

“Our recent meeting with Dr. Koroshetz and members of the Trans NIH working group allowed us to review Ampligen® studies to date and discuss how the NIH’s research may assist us in closing key questions from the FDA,” said Thomas K. Equels, CEO of Hemispherx Biopharma. “We were pleased the open forum allowed NIH to discuss the science and their commitment toward advancing treatment.”

Sasha, Webdog, Justin30 and 6 others like this.
  2. Vineyard1

Vineyard1

I truly pray Ampligen can get FDA approval. It may not be the cure all nor appropriate for everyone with ME/CFS but there is a patient population for which it has been life changing. I would jump on it ( alright maybe crawl to it).

Daisymay, Comet, Webdog and 1 other person like this.
  3. Comet

Comet I'm Not Imaginary

There are pigs flying somewhere... I just know there are. :balloons:

Yes, I know this may go nowhere, but so much good news lately, it feels good to do a little happy-laying-down-in-bed dance.

denmarkk, Webdog, Vineyard1 and 2 others like this.
  4. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Senior Member

Here is another article covering the same release, but angled a little differently.

Hemispherx BioPharma, Inc (NYSEMKT:HEB) Reviews Ampligen Data with NINDS

http://www.journaltranscript.com/20...-nysemktheb-reviews-ampligen-data-with-ninds/

Hemispherx BioPharma, Inc (NYSEMKT:HEB) has announced that it has compared its results from the Ampligen data, with the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. The research being conducted by the National Institute of Health focuses on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Hemispherx believes that the research would be a game changer for patients of the disease. The NIH had updated, the patients, on its research developments, under Francis S. Collins, on March 8 in an open call.

Thomas K. Equels, the CEO of HEB, stated that the company management had met with the delegates of the NIH, to review Apmligen studies, in order to answer questions, vital to gain FDA approval of the drug. The director of NINDS, Walter Koroshetz, had identified the syndrome as a “difficult problem” and had announced plans to include universities and companies to find a solution. It is expected that an estimated 20 NIH institutes would be working on the problem, to identify biomarkers, symptoms, mechanisms and causes of the disease.

Janice Hargreaves and ballard like this.

See more popular forum discussions.