1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hemispherx and WPI analyze samples for XMRV and will present results on Sept. 7 and 8

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by eric_s, Aug 6, 2010.

1. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    Hi

Here are some good news

http://insurancenewsnet.com/article.aspx?id=215406
    So whatever happens with the Dr. Alter et al. and the Dr. Bateman et al. studies, we won't have to wait longer than September 7 or 8 to get some new results, finally.
    I have been thinking for a long time now "why doesn't the WPI release some results, any results?". It seems as if they are now doing that.
    It makes the waiting much easier, if you know there will be something (even if we don't know the results yet, of course).
  2. paddygirl

paddygirl Senior Member

Would this relate to the KUNR WPI radio clip on creekfests thread? 800 xmrv+ in 1000 tested.

I never stopped believing from last October but this is wonderful.
  3. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Good find, Eric! It will, indeed, make the waiting easier. I'm always glad to hear from WPI. :Retro smile:

So does this mean someone from WPI will be speaking at the 1st Intl XMRV Conference (or workshop or whatever) after all?
  4. cfs since 1998

cfs since 1998 *****

This is from Hemispherx Biopharma, they will be presenting their results not WPI.
  5. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    Hmm.. if the Alter paper comes out and is positive they will certainly want someone from the WPI to speak.
  6. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

Something similar was put out by Hemispherix a few months ago to investors. This company has a history of presenting info to investors before scientists, not presenting the full data, not publishing their results other than general statements and doesn't have a good reputation among many in the CFS community. I'll trust what they have to say once they publish it with numbers and stats.
  7. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I agree with Hope123.

Don't hold your breath for anything coming from this presentation. This is all part of their ongoing, desperate PR campaign to boost their stock price that tanked after investors learned that they indeed did lie in June 2009 when they sent out press releases saying that Ampligen was about to be approved by the FDA. That lie sent the stock soaring to approx $4.50 a share, but tumbled this past December when the truth finally came out.

The stock is now worth about 50 cents. Amazing that the board of directors hasn't fired the CEO after so many, many lies.

More on their history here...

http://www.asensio.com/Reports/WarStoriesHemispherx.aspx
  8. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.