• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Helping my two autistic sons

Hi there,

I've spent many hours searching the web for answers for my boys test results and google often brings me back to this site, I wondered if anyone minded me listing their test results up here for evaluation. I've found no group that seem as wise on Genova stool CDSA testing and urine testing as you all do here. I'm struggling to get to the bottom of the course of their behaviour problems. We have been on GAPS diet for 16 months and were still struggling to add foods in, we are very limited. I also have a 23 month old, with food allergies, environmental allergies and I'm really trying to help him before he ends up like my older two.

Thank you

Harriet xxxx

P.s I recently lost a friend with ME/chronic fatigue (&other problems) who I hold very dear to my heart, so I understand many of your struggles and wish you all the very best of luck. I'm so glad your all being proactive and helping your futures. Don't give up :)

concepcion

Hi Harriet,

You have your hands full. I have a 23 year-old daughter with ME and cannot imagine what it would be like to have two sons with autism.
Have you looked into Dr Yasko's work? http://www.dramyyasko.com/ If you haven't, she deals with autism and does alot of testing as part of her process (alot of the same testing which is recommended on this site). Her protocol is very complicated and I strongly recommend finding a practitioner familiar with it to work with.

Best of luck.

I have seen and read some of dr yaskos work. It was very interesting. Were currently saving up to get 23&me tests done, the postage was a lot! I wondered if people would mind looking at their tests i had done from Genova and seeing if anything stands out. These are for my 6 year old son.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7

brenda

Hi there,

I've spent many hours searching the web for answers for my boys test results and google often brings me back to this site, I wondered if anyone minded me listing their test results up here for evaluation. I've found no group that seem as wise on Genova stool CDSA testing and urine testing as you all do here. I'm struggling to get to the bottom of the course of their behaviour problems. We have been on GAPS diet for 16 months and were still struggling to add foods in, we are very limited. I also have a 23 month old, with food allergies, environmental allergies and I'm really trying to help him before he ends up like my older two.

Thank you

Harriet xxxx

P.s I recently lost a friend with ME/chronic fatigue (&other problems) who I hold very dear to my heart, so I understand many of your struggles and wish you all the very best of luck. I'm so glad your all being proactive and helping your futures. Don't give up :)

Harriet

This looks like an interesting book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0065QWVKK/ref=pe_364691_36330161_M1T1DP

xchocoholic

Have you googled for bio medical autism forums? They were called DAN practictioners but I'm not sure if they still are - defeat autism now. I'm sure they'll be helpful. Best of luck. X

Ps. Members and the list owner of the yahoo trying low oxalate forum should be familiar with this.

Hi,
My first born has Asperger's form of autism and Sensory Processing Disorder. He's been getting the NutraEval every 4 months over this last year as we are monitoring whether the treatment protocol works and has been getting much, much better. I can definitely share with you what I know and how to research individual items on the list. Right now I am heading out, but will be back this afternoon and will post again. @caledonia 's link above is also a great place to start. And my own story is listed here... http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/mama-bear-with-cubs.26975/#post-411956

Best of luck!
SA

I was looking it over and was wondering if he had already been taking methylcobalamin form of B12 and methylfolate form of B9 before he went off supplements the week prior to test. Your son's B9 and B12 were low but not in the high need range as was some of the other supplements. This is good (not great), but B9 and B12 tend to stay in your system a lot longer so the need could still be great. It's a minor detail and when you get 23andme results, the puzzle should start coming together, but I was curious.

I was looking it over and was wondering if he had already been taking methylcobalamin form of B12 and methylfolate form of B9 before he went off supplements the week prior to test. Your son's B9 and B12 were low but not in the high need range as was some of the other supplements. This is good (not great), but B9 and B12 tend to stay in your system a lot longer so the need could still be great. It's a minor detail and when you get 23andme results, the puzzle should start coming together, but I was curious.

Hi, thank you for your messages. No he hasn't taken any B-vits yet as my gaps practitioner believes it would be hard for his body currently and he needed to detox and heal first. I'm not sure why they are better than his other Bs. But it's worrying that he doesn't have any B vits in the normal range. I'm going to read your story now. Thank you for sharing. And have a look at the website you shared. Thank you so much xxx

Have you googled for bio medical autism forums? They were called DAN practictioners but I'm not sure if they still are - defeat autism now. I'm sure they'll be helpful. Best of luck. X

Ps. Members and the list owner of the yahoo trying low oxalate forum should be familiar with this.

I'm on a few autism intervention groups and our gaps practitioner is apparently bio medically trained. I will have a search for DAN practitioners. THank you xx