• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with Viral, bacterial & toxicology screening.

Hi guys, I’m a newbie here although I’ve suffered with M.E & autoimmune conditions for the best part of 20yrs! I am currently seeing a new private doctor to try to uncover the underlying nature of my health issues.
He has suggested the viral testing and bowl test which is sent to USA. It all looks very pricey and I wonder if it’s actually worth it. Can anyone give me their experience of having these tests and if it was worth while? Also I’m guessing it would be less expensive to have these tests done through an online company rather than through a clinic. Does anyone know of a great inclusive test or online reputable company where I can go to get these done? The private doc wants to charge £100 to test for each virus!

Many thanks