• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with suggested reading for a new guy.

stridor

Hi,
I am a 58 year old male with multiple health issues looking for help to navigate the considerable material on this site. I will gladly do the reading and am just looking for a place to start. I found the B2 thread and am part way through it.
I am 75% finished Hg detox (heavy childhood exposures)
C677T++ MTRR++x2 TYMS++ TCN2++ There are others but these in particular have my attention.
Colon removed for +100 polyps - condition related to methylation disturbance and low glutathione
History of mood disturbances (Bipolar) in remission since starting mercury and methylation tx
ME/CFS significantly improved since 08/2012 with mB12 1 mg S.C. daily. mfolate 1 mg daily. B2 300 mg +
Poor absorption of B2 - I take RDA S.C, daily plus 300 mg oral - any less = parathesia. I have seriously bottomed out on B2 twice.
B2 absorption helped with probiotics. mfolate taken sublingual as does not seem to do much otherwise.
Biotin is another important aspect of tx.
I am here because I still have residual brain-fog and lower (but greatly improved energy levels), memory still an issue.
Mitochondrial panel is concerning and I haven't begun to address anything there.
I am not asking for people to do my work for me, just give me a nudge in the right direction :) Thanks, brad

stridor

Never mind folks, I understand how this site is organized now that I have had more time with it. The one question that I would like an answer to is whether mB12 in any amount by injection can lead to cobalt toxicity. Is this known? I would like to experiment with 2 mg/day deep S.C. brad