• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with new symptoms.

vamah

Suddenly today I started have a cold, tingling sensation in my lips and hands -- not just my fingers, but the backs of my hands as well. It is similar to the feeling when your arm has fallen asleep then woken back up, but this didn't happen and the feeling has been going on for a few hours now. It was shortly after I took a tramadol, but I have taken them many times and this never happened. No new meds or suppliments recently. Any ideas?

Seven7

Seven
I developed food allergies at some point w CFS, Never had gut symptoms, I had swollen lips and inflammation in body.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't have that but I've heard of others who do. Could it be some form of neuropathy?

I also know that one time I'll take a med and it will be fine, the next time I will have a totally different reaction. So who knows with the tramadol.

vamah

Thanks. I took some benedryl and see if that helps, is its an allergic reaction. Its weird because I have had reynauds since I was a teenager amd it feels a bit like that, but not really.

Also wondering if its a phototoxic reaction. I am on doxy and know I shouldn't be out in the sun, but I couldn't resist as today was the first nice day we've had in months.