1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Help with Nac

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Ray B, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Ray B

Ray B

Durham City, UK
    Hi everyone, If anyone could give me any advice on the following situation it would be highly appreciated.

Currently Taking 2g Solgar Methylcobalamin, 800mg Solgar Methylfolate and a Solgar VM75 Daily.

Not really noticed much of a difference on the above so I added 3x 800mg Nac two weeks ago. The affects of this were good. I increased the dose to 3x 1600mg per day and the efects were brilliant. Within 30 minutes of taking this I am alert and calm headed, able to hold a conversation and even excersise, something which is very rare to me. The only problem is that the effects only last about a couple of hours and drop as quick as they appear and leave me in a worse position than I started. It feels like I've just ran a full marathon. I am not having much sleep because of this.
    I have worked out that to sustain the effects from this I would have to take 9 doses of 1600mg per day which equates to 14.4g per day. I'm told that this could be dangerouse.

I am also getting flu like symptoms and mild pains in my lungs (I'm prone to pnemonia) which I have read a few other people have had but go away.

Any ideas as to why this works so good and what I can do to maintaine the effects?

Thanks
    Ray
  2. celeste

celeste

UK
    NAC can cause flu-like symptoms when there is a Cpn infection. Taking 2400mg of NAC is one of the ways to test whether there is Cpn infection - flu-like symptoms suggest there may be. Lots of info at cpnhelp.org.
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I use Jarrow's extended release version - it gets me through the entire night. I do fine with 3 doses of 600mg spread out over the day (the last one shortly before bed).

NAC is also used to treat a bacterial pneumonia. So maybe you have something going on there.

See more popular forum discussions.