• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with my detox genetic genie results?

Hello all;

I am trying to figure out what my detox data means. I am about to start a mercury detox plan and would like to know if I will face any extra challenges. Or anything that might point to a way to help with this horrible fatigue!! Thanks so much!!

CYP1A1*2C A4889G TT -/-
CYP1A1 m3 T3205C TT -/-
CYP1A1 C2453A GG -/-
CYP1A2 164A>C CC +/+
CYP1B1 L432V CG +/-
CYP1B1 N453S CT +/-
CYP1B1 R48G -- no call
CYP2A6*2 1799T>A AA -/-
CYP2A6*20 II -/-
CYP2C9*2 C430T CT +/-
CYP2C9*3 A1075C AA -/-
CYP2C19*17 CC -/-
CYP2D6 S486T GG +/+
CYP2D6 100C>T AG +/-
CYP2D6 2850C>T AG +/-
CYP2E1*1B 9896C>G CC -/-
CYP2E1*1B 10023G>A GG -/-
CYP2E1*4 4768G>A GG -/-
CYP3A4*1B TT -/-
CYP3A4*2 S222P AA -/-
CYP3A4*3 M445T AA -/-
CYP3A4*16 T185S GG -/-
GSTP1 I105V AA -/-
GSTP1 A114V CC -/-
SOD2 A16V AG +/-
NAT1 R187Q GG -/-
NAT1 R64W CC -/-
NAT2 I114T CT +/-
NAT2 R197Q AG +/-
NAT2 G286E GG -/-
NAT2 R64Q GG -/-
NAT2 K268R AG +/-
Gene Result
GSTT1 Absent*

I have the GSTT1 absent as well...and it is a big deal. I am still trying to figure out how to supplement for it along with my other methylation pathway mutations. This is the response I got from the MTHFR support facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/mthfrsuppo...ffset=0&total_comments=1&notif_t=feed_comment
I will keep you posted if and when I figure it out...I see my amazing doc in Nov and he should know...I think he is going to say that I need to do topical glutathione but I am not sure...I guess there is a blood test for it as well...It is the mother of all antioxidants and you and I are missing one of the enzymes to get crap out of our bodies...I think it is a big one...but just like MTHFR, one is worse than the other and I don't know enough about this yet... :thumbsup:

I have the GSTT1 absent as well...and it is a big deal. I am still trying to figure out how to supplement for it along with my other methylation pathway mutations. This is the response I got from the MTHFR support facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/mthfrsuppo...ffset=0&total_comments=1&notif_t=feed_comment
I will keep you posted if and when I figure it out...I see my amazing doc in Nov and he should know...I think he is going to say that I need to do topical glutathione but I am not sure...I guess there is a blood test for it as well...It is the mother of all antioxidants and you and I are missing one of the enzymes to get crap out of our bodies...I think it is a big one...but just like MTHFR, one is worse than the other and I don't know enough about this yet...:thumbsup:

Wow - that is interesting. Makes me really nervous about this whole chelation thing I'm planning to start next week. Would you mind sharing what your doc says when you see him?