• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

help with methylation profile please

My name is Eva, I am 45 years old and live in Norway and have problems with CFS. Reading about methylation has made me feel like, for the first time, that there is hope. A problem in Norway is that methylation-problems are still relatively unknown. Currently, I have not found any doctors who deal with these issues.

My husband and I tokk the 23andme gene test and this is our methylation profile. I know there are many resourceful people on this website, and I would truly appreciate it if anyone could look at these results and give me some advice. Thank you kindly for your time.

Here are my husband's results:
Homozygot:
MTHFR A1298C ++
COMT V158M ++
COMT H62H ++
VDR Taq ++

Hetrozygot:
MTR A2756G +/-
MTRR A66G +/-
CBS C699T +/-

Here are my results:
Homozygot:
MTHFR A1298C ++
COMT V158M ++
COMT H62H ++
VDR Taq ++
BHMT-02 ++
BHMT-08 ++
AHCY-01 ++
AHCY-19 ++

Hetrozygot:
MAO-A R297R +/-
MTR A2756G +/-
MTRR A66G +/-
MTRR A664A +/-

Helen

Hi @evat , welcome to the forum

Both you and your husband would probably benefit from B12 and folate-supplementation. Your MTHFR A1298C mutation is pretty rare, but decreases your enzyme activity to about 50 % (according to this study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10911766).

Also your MTR and MTRR mutations probably have an impact on your need for B12.

Did you get homocysteine or methyl malonic acid (metylmalonsyra) tested? B12 in blood? Folate? MVC? Iron and ferritine? These tests could reveal deficiencies. I guess that it is also possible to get genotyped (gene tested) for MTHFR C677T and A1298C via a Norwegian lab. In Sweden it is, and my experience is that doctors take this seriously. I had my 23andme test completed with this more accepted gene test.

Maybe the Balder clinic in Oslo could help? @deleder2k might know too where to get help.

I´ll PM you in Swedish- hopefully easier for both of us ;)

Best,
Helen

Last edited:

deleder2k

Have you tried dr. Mette Sophie Johnsgaard at Balderklinikken, Oslo? She's into Imunovir, Gammaglobulin, high-dose B12 injections, Gaba 2, HTP-5 etc.