• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with Lab results

My background is I'm a 38 y/o male, severe fatigue, never wake up feeling refreshed - EVER, overweight, dieting never works, I have to kill myself at the gym to lose weight (slowly) then it comes back twice as fast, I wreak of ammonia if my workout is anything above mild.

I really think I'm Pre-Alzheimer because of my bad memory, my brain just doesn't process information sometimes, sometimes its difficult to make a sentence come out.

I have low b-12 and never really goes up even with shots, almost non-existent Vitamin D (25), elevated liver enzymes, sprain muscles easily, loose joints, aches and pains everywhere, a lot of grey hair for my age.

Low testosterone, libido is hit or miss, mood swings, Hyperhydrosis, muscle wasting (Its hard to gain and hold onto lean mass).

Vitamin D deficient my whole life despite working outdoors as a landscaper in South Florida most of my life, I've tried almost every diet/lifestyle/supplement and nothing makes me feel better, if it does make me feel anything at all its always worse.

I function daily because of caffeine which I try to limit because I don't want to trash my adrenals, I don't take any medication (except a lot of advil) because its pointless.

I'm sure there's more that I have forgot. Oh, Ive tested negative for lyme multiple times, Ive tried the Marshall Protocol and MMS and never got any kind of die off reaction so I dont think its a chronic infection.

Here's some blood work I need help deciphering, maybe there's a red flag in here my doc is not seeing.:

Free Progesterone: 2.1 (1.9 - 4.2)

B12 538 (211-946)

Folate 14.2 (>3.0)

Pregenolone46 (<151)

Dihydrotestosterone 29 (30-85) LOW

Molybdenum <2.0 (<3.0)

Dhea-Sulfate 206 (88-427)

Estradiol 18 (7.6-42.6)

B6 18.9 (5.3-46)

Cyclic Amp 19.7 (12.0-22)

Glutathione 254 (225-386)

Calcitrol 66 (10-75)

VIT D 25-Hydroxy 15 (30-100) LOW

CO Q-10 1.44 (0.37-2.20)

Free Testosterone 11.5 (8.7-25.1)

Creatine Kinaese 104 (24-204)

Magnesium 2.2 (1.6-2.6)

Ceruplasmin 22 (15-30)

Copper 87 (72-166)

Zinc 132 (56-134)

Estrogen Total164 (40-115) HIGH

C-Reactive Protein 3.4 (0.0-4.9)

Ammonia 81 (27-102)

Manganese - NON DETECTED

Selenium 213 (79-326)

Just found out these:

HOMOZYGOUS

BHMT-02

BHMT-08

HETEROZYGOUS
VDR Bsm

VDR Taq

ACATI-02

MTHFR 1298C

MTRR A66G

MTRR A664A

CBS 699T

CBSA360A

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

SDSue

Southeast
I'm new here, too, so can't help you with the labs. But i can give you one tip:

Many of us cannot read posts unless there is a lot of white space incorporated. We easily forgive inappropriate paragraph breaks.

I wish you the very best in this hellacious journey and look forward to hearing progress.

My background is I'm a 38 y/o male, severe fatigue, never wake up feeling refreshed - EVER, overweight, dieting never works, I have to kill myself at the gym to lose weight (slowly) then it comes back twice as fast, I wreak of ammonia if my workout is anything above mild, I really think I'm Pre-Alzheimer because of my bad memory, my brain just doesn't process information sometimes, sometimes its difficult to make a sentence come out, low b-12 and never really goes up even with shots, almost non-existent Vitamin D (25), elevated liver enzymes, sprain muscles easily, loose joints, aches and pains everywhere, a lot of grey hair for my age, Low testosterone, libido is hit or miss, mood swings, Hyperhydrosis, muscle wasting (Its hard to gain and hold onto lean mass) Vitamin D deficient my whole life despite working outdoors as a landscaper in South Florida most of my life, I've tried almost every diet/lifestyle/supplement and nothing makes me feel better, if it does make me feel anything at all its always worse. I function daily because of caffeine which I try to limit because I don't want to trash my adrenals, I don't take any medication (except a lot of advil) because its pointless. I'm sure there's more that I have forgot. Oh, Ive tested negative for lyme multiple times, Ive tried the Marshall Protocol and MMS and never got any kind of die off reaction so I dont think its a chronic infection. Here's some blood work I need help deciphering, maybe there's a red flag in here my doc is not seeing.:

Free Progesterone: 2.1 (1.9 - 4.2)
B12 538 (211-946)
Folate 14.2 (>3.0)
Pregenolone46 (<151)
Dihydrotestosterone 29 (30-85) LOW
Molybdenum <2.0 (<3.0)
Dhea-Sulfate 206 (88-427)
Estradiol 18 (7.6-42.6)
B6 18.9 (5.3-46)
Cyclic Amp 19.7 (12.0-22)
Glutathione 254 (225-386)
Calcitrol 66 (10-75)
VIT D 25-Hydroxy 15 (30-100) LOW
CO Q-10 1.44 (0.37-2.20)
Free Testosterone 11.5 (8.7-25.1)
Creatine Kinaese 104 (24-204)
Magnesium 2.2 (1.6-2.6)
Ceruplasmin 22 (15-30)
Copper 87 (72-166)
Zinc 132 (56-134)
Estrogen Total164 (40-115) HIGH
C-Reactive Protein 3.4 (0.0-4.9)
Ammonia 81 (27-102)
Manganese - NON DETECTED
Selenium 213 (79-326)

Just found out these:

HOMOZYGOUS
BHMT-02
BHMT-08

HETEROZYGOUS
VDR Bsm
VDR Taq
ACATI-02
MTHFR 1298C
MTRR A66G
MTRR A664A
CBS 699T
CBSA360A

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.
Have you had a FULL Iron panel done......Serum Iron, Ferritin, TIBC, Transferrin Saturation ? What ethnic background are you ? I am wondering about Hemochromatosis as a cause of some of your symptoms.

Thanks for the reply. Im not sure about a FULL iron panel but when I have my iron checked I always checked Ferritin because low Ferritin could mimic hypothyroid, which I always suspected but the numbers were always decent and I tried small doses of armour thyroid and got jittery. Iron and Ferritin were always mid-high. Im Caucasian btw.

Martial

Alot of your symptoms and test results are suspicious of Lyme disease that will not get diagnosed or treated correctly unless you go to a proper LLMD. I would get that looked into on top of Pyruloria, MTHFR testing VIA IgeneX, and maybe get a sleep study done to check for Sleep apnea, alongside Upper Airway Resistance syndrome which you will have to ask specifically for since it is very hard to test properly.

PM me for a list of doctors that would be in your area specifically.

@Martial Thanks for the reply. I do have Severe Obstructive Apnea. But also have CPAP induced insomnia when the mask is strapped to my face so I cant sleep with it.

Martial

If that is the case then you need to do something about it, have you tried the nasal version for better breathing and less constriction? There are few different options available if some forms do not work for you. You do not want to risk doing nothing about it though, Severe cases of Apnea can lead to Heart attack, Stroke, and Suffocation while sleeping.

Your hormones and everything else could be out of whack from severe sleep deprivation alone, I am sure the fatigue would uplift some if you took care of it too. Lyme is very textbook case of causing that ammonia smell you describe though, among a few other things like fungal overgrowth and parasites, all of these things could cause Sleep Apnea in the first place as well, but central sleep apnea because of nervous system issues as a result of infection. Have you ever looked into corrective surgery to fix the obstruction?

@Martial The diagnosis is fairly recent, about 6 months now. Ive tried over-the-nose masks and I now have a nasal pillow mask which is more comfortable. For some reason I never fall fully asleep with the mask on. Its more of a twilight state. Its like my brain stays awake paying attention to the mask and all the little leaks, tickling, and itching it causes. Believe me, Im TIRED. Without the mask Im asleep in less than a minute. I thought about going to an orthodontist and have just the rubber band hooks cemented to my teeth so I can use strong orthdontic rubber bands to pull my jaw forward at night because its my severe under-bite causing the apnea for the most part.

Martial

Oh I understand that makes sense, I hope the issue resolves itself soon though! Have you ever looked into a mouth guard at night to bring the lower jaw forward as well? Though I admit the bands sound much more practical and with less issues like a sore mouth in the morning and TMJ. I also have apnea from an underbite and enlarged tonsils, bigger tongue. I am eventually getting corrective jaw surgery but for now this is what I use. Do you wear braces? I don't know how bands would be put in otherwise but makes me want to do similar when I do get my braces put on as well! I have to get mine specially made by my dentist since the mouth guards I got online did not work with my over jet, and under bite as both issues just make for a very funky mouth piece.

Thanks. I tried the online mouth braces too. They stink. Sore jaw, drool everywhere, they fall out, etc. I do have TMJ too, at times when I wake up I have to pop my right jaw joint back in. I dont have braces now. With braces, if I remember correctly from when my friends had them there was 4 that had the hooks for the rubber bands. 2 on each side, a lower and an upper. They put the lowers further back than the uppers so the elastic band would pull the lower jaw forward to correct the underbite. This will keep my mouth closed at night to help with the TMJ too. Also, this is all just speculation. I have yet to talk to an Orthodontist about doing this.

So I got my sulfate strips before the weekend started and I have shown over 1200 every time I test. I havent started the low sulphur diet yet. I will though soon. I have experimented with some supplements and had one extremely clear minded day. The TMG and Calcium Glucarate should be here tomorrow. The CYP1B1 makes sense becasue my estrogen has always been high. So far Im taking daily 500mg of L-Ornithine, 20mg Manganese, and 250mcg Molybdenum. Ive done 1000mg Activated Charcoal every other night also. This sound good to start?

So I got my sulfate strips before the weekend started and I have shown over 1200 every time I test. I havent started the low sulphur diet yet. I will though soon. I have experimented with some supplements and had one extremely clear minded day. The TMG and Calcium Glucarate should be here tomorrow. The CYP1B1 makes sense becasue my estrogen has always been high. So far Im taking daily 500mg of L-Ornithine, 20mg Manganese, and 250mcg Molybdenum. Ive done 1000mg Activated Charcoal every other night also. This sound good to start?
Do you know what your Homocysteine levels is ? If it is low it might be an indication the your CBS pathway is up regulated.