• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with Cpn test interpretation?

CedarHome

So, I now have negative and positive test results for Cpn...

any insight?

Ordered by infectious diseases doc
Respiratory Pathogen Panel "NAAT" test............ negative for Chlamydia pneumoniae DNA

Ordered by naturopath
IgG 1:32 (Negative <1:16)
IgM 1:160 (Negative <1.10)

Clear chest CT.
I do not have obvious respiratory symptoms. Minor breathing problems (minor compared to major fatigue and POTS and PEM)

Other coinfections seem to be HHV 6 and possibly Lyme or something else that triggers Western blot IgM

"can't find the register button on the cpn help website" (embarrassed)

Timaca

I've never had an IgM run for Cpn (that I remember)....I could go back and look at my labs. But my IgG and IgA have been as high as the lab measures.......

HHV-6, EBV, Coxsackie viruses and HSV1 are also problems for me. As well as many food intolerance issues.

What does your naturopath say? Or can you run your results past an ID doctor? Seems suspicious to have an high IgM. I don't have lung issues either......

CedarHome

Infectious disease doc says we all have CPN --

and since I have clear CT chest scan and no obvious signs of acute respiratory infection, the IgG/IgM is unreliable.

I'm starting with low dose NAC (as per ND) - 1200 mg/day- as soon as I started it, a mild flu response kicked in.

Seems like many people without CPN don't feel effects from starting NAC.

Of course mild flu response could be ANYTHING!

Will see what ND says next week.