The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

help with cortisol numbers

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by mountainofdew, Dec 22, 2013.

1. mountainofdew

mountainofdew

Im a 36 year old male. Looking for help with my cortisol lab numbers: 0847am: 4.8, 1250pm: 1.5, 2030pm: 9.1, 0027am: .5. The 9.1 number was taken after exercise. Dheas was 10.6 ng/ml.

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    What are the ranges for each time?

Are you having symptoms?

Are you taking any supplements or meds that affect the HPA axis?

3. mountainofdew

mountainofdew

I am taking vitamin c, d3, a, b, k, magnesium, iodine, selenium, zinc. I stopped taking zinc 2 weeks before test.

4. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    Sounds like post exertional malaise. I wouldn't exercise if you're taking more than 1 day to recover from something. I think most of us would cut back on what we're doing if we had to rest for days after.

I would query why you're taking iodine - not my area of expertise, but it affects thyroid function and you need to tread carefully.

So yr at the low end for 1st 2 readings, high for evening and then low again for last reading. I would look into adrenal fatigue. Check out male hormones too.

A lot with ME have adrenal fatigue too. Do you have ME?

http://www.drlam.com/articles/adrenal_fatigue.asp

Best book:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adrenal-Fat...=8-1&keywords=dr wilsons adrenal fatigue book

Although I don't agree with his recommendations for treatment but it does allow you to get your head around what's happening on a physiological level.

You might be lucky and with changes be able to heal your adrenals - all depends on if you have ME or if this is your first noticeable issue.

5. mountainofdew

mountainofdew

Thank you for the help, and direction. I don't have ME to my knowledge. Was thinking about using 23andme as a next step in looking for root causes.

6. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    not sure where to post my latest dheas and cortisol results. if there is a thread focused on these test results let me know.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.