• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with a friend's anxiety?

Crux

Here we are, a group of people, severely debilitated, such that we can hardly help others.

But, when given a chance, we rise up, because, we have a strong basic need to find a way to be of service.

I mean, who has tested more, tried more interventions, and considered more possibilities than us?

To me, exclusivity implies some of society's sicknesses : racism, sexism, snobbery.

ME is difficult to define.

I'm more than happy to share what I've learned along the way, especially in this case.

Phred

Here we are, a group of people, severely debilitated, such that we can hardly help others.

But, when given a chance, we rise up, because, we have a strong basic need to find a way to be of service.

I mean, who has tested more, tried more interventions, and considered more possibilities than us?

To me, exclusivity implies some of society's sicknesses : racism, sexism, snobbery.

ME is difficult to define.

I'm more than happy to share what I've learned along the way, especially in this case.

Thank you! I agree with everything you said.

Firefly_

Adaptogen herbs typically modulate the cortisol, so they should lower cortisol in stressed people only. I am pretty sure this is what Rhodiola does for example, which is another adaptogen herb such as Ashwagandha. (Rhodiola is less indicated for anxiety though)

In any case it would be safer to consult your doc prior to taking anything that may interfere with your current therapy.

cheers
Thank you sir, appreciate it.

As far as i know methylfolate can increase glutamate levels and this will cause severe anxiety/panic attacks.

I also get severe anxiety from low doses of methylfolate, but not from folinic at higher doses. Inflammation and oxidative stress also makes anxiety worse by several mechanisms (breaking down GABA) and reducing serotonin are theories i have

Last edited: