• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with 23andMe data.

My name is Gordon. I'm 52 years old and live in the UK. In a nutshell. In 2011, I developed terrible fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and a whole host of other related symptoms. Some of them were fast onset. Others I realised later had been creeping up on me for some time. Eventually, I discovered I was heavy metal toxic for several metals, including mercury, lead, arsenic, barium, and cadmium. My living nightmare from these days is described inhttps://sayfriendandenter.wordpress.com/. In response, I radically cleaned up my diet and my exposure to toxins in general, and started to chelate following the Cutler protocol. Gains were slow. But gains were made. By 2014, I was about 75% recovered, and enjoying life again. Then I got a UTI, which was misdiagnosed as prostatitis. I was given a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. This blew me into oblivion the best part of six months. However, once again I managed to crawl up the slippery slope. The problem was, however, that while being treated for my UTI the urologist discovered 2 cm kidney stone in my left kidney. I ignored this as long as I could. But when I had lithotripsy treatment for it last month, I suddenly became very ill again. The stone was smashed into pieces, some has exited – painfully. Some of it is still sitting in there. I had a migraine for 10 days afterwards, and then the toxicity symptoms started again. Brainfog, toxic headaches, fatigue, memory loss, blurred vision. Burning patches in my brain and in my body. Burning in my gut. There is no doubt in my mind that this is toxicity. My theory is that the stone as well as containing the standard calcium oxalate, harboured many of the toxins my body had been ridding itself of over the past three years, and that these were released back into my system in one mega hit. The urologist, obviously is having none of this theory. But I wouldn't expect anything else. Symptoms have subsided a little. I think this is due to the fact that I started DMSA/ALA chelation and my super detox diet again.

What I would like someone to help me with the 23 and me data from the test I recently had done. My SNPs are as follows.

+\-
COMT V158M
COMT H62H
MTHFR C677T
MTR A2756G
MTRR A66G
BHMT-08
CBS C699T
CBS A360A
SOD2 A16V
CYP1A1 2C A4889G
CYP1A2 164A>C
CYP1B1 R$8G
CYP2C19 17
CYP2D6 84S6T

+/+
VDR Taq
MAO A R297R
NAT2 K268R
DAOA
GAD1
CLOCK
G6PC2
NR3C1
NAT2
COMT
SOD2

This data is drawn from genetic Genie and Sterlings App.

My current supplementation is:

Hydroxy B12 sublingual.
Ubiquinol
Methylfolate
Magnesium citrate
Calcium citrate
Transdermal magnesium
D3
Biocare Multi viatamin and mineral
Lithium orotate
Manganese

I am also talkng probiotics. Omega 3 as flax oil, coconut oil. When I am to it I take anti parasitic herbs.

Any help is much appreciated.

caledonia

Hi Gordon, check out the link in my signature, which will lead you to the SNPs Interpretation Guide.

Also check out the 4R Gut Rebuilding Program. You might need to do more than what you're doing for the gut.

Something I learned recently, which is helpful when detoxing metals, is to also do something to make sure the metals are carried out of the body. I am doing fiber + charcoal + s acetyl glutathione. Then pulsing a chelation supplement called Chelex.

Ahmo (I think?) is doing coffee enemas which raises glutathione and carry toxins out of the body.

Gondwanaland

Cipro + kidney stones = magnesium depletion. I see you supplement orally and Xdermally.

I never had kidney stones, have low oxalate, but high-ish uric acid. Also taking cipro for a supposed UTI (which actually was already low magnesium) let me in a miserable state. That and not being able to tolerate a number of magnesium forms prolonged and worsened my toxicity. You need Mg for glutathione.

When I finally found a form of magnesium I could tolerate (magnesium oxide), I stopped all supplements and took MgO only to bowel tolerance for 4-5 weeks. After this I was able to look into further issues like gut and thyroid.

Unfortunately other people who tried MgO had a candida flare, so caution is recommended.

pogoman

the urologist discovered 2 cm kidney stone in my left kidney. I ignored this as long as I could. But when I had lithotripsy treatment for it last month, I suddenly became very ill again. The stone was smashed into pieces, some has exited – painfully. Some of it is still sitting in there.

for what its worth, I discovered during my kidney stone adventure in February that a heating pad over the involved kidney helped immensely with the pain while it passed.
it may have also helped it pass faster.

TheChosenOne

Why do you take calcium as a supplement?
DMSA/ALA chelation
In my experience, DMPS is much better than DMSA. Especially with gut problems.

You have depression. Methylfolate increases serotonin reuptake (so the opposite of what SSRIs do).
How well can you tolerate methyl donors?

Oci

Something I learned recently, which is helpful when detoxing metals, is to also do something to make sure the metals are carried out of the body. I am doing fiber + charcoal + s acetyl glutathione. Then pulsing a chelation supplement called Chelex.

Ahmo (I think?) is doing coffee enemas which raises glutathione and carry toxins out of the body.
Very interesting, Caledonia. Can you please give details for the fiber + charcoal + s acetyl glutathione? How often are you doing this? Do you take additional minerals to make up for what is lost with use of charcoal? Thanks.

Oci

Very interesting, Caledonia. Can you please give details of taking fiber + charcoal _ s acetyl glutathione? How much, what kind, how often? Do you take added minerals to balance out what is lost with charcoal?
How often are you taking Chelex?
Thanks.

caledonia

Very interesting, Caledonia. Can you please give details for the fiber + charcoal + s acetyl glutathione? How often are you doing this? Do you take additional minerals to make up for what is lost with use of charcoal? Thanks.

Hi Oci - As I ended up having a bad reaction to this style of chelation, I would suggest avoiding it. I'm still suffering symptoms from last spring, such as increased long term and short term memory issues.

I've done a lot of research since then, and I've determined that the best (only) way to chelate safely is using Andrew Cutler's frequent dose chelation protocol.

The reason is that the chelator has a half life of only a few hours. If you take a dose once a day like most people say to, it will pull out mercury, but then redistribute it. If you use frequent dose chelation every few hours, it will keep the level of the chelator constant, so it pulls the mercury out and your body will detox it instead of recirculating it.

I'm preparing to start Cutler chelation - I just need to find a vitamin C I can tolerate. I've also had a lot more issues tolerating various supplements and foods since last spring. There are several support supplements that go along with the program, besides the actual chelators.