Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

help w amino acids - arginine , etc.

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by ebethc, Jun 17, 2015.

1. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

sorry - please disregard... I don't know how to delete this post.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

Should be a little link next to the "Edit" link at the very bottom of the post that says "Delete".

3. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

nope - just EDIT REPORT BOOKMARK..

4. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

Huh. Well, dang. Sorry about that. I have a delete button. Maybe it relates to how long you've been a member or something. Might ask one of the mods in the moderation forum.

ebethc likes this.
  5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

You click on report at the bottom of the post, and inform the mods that you would like the thread deleted.

6. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand
    but actually @ebethc, I thought you had asked a good question. I take lysine to help stop recurrent cold sores. But i have seen somewhere that arginine is good for people with ME - and also that lysine counteracts arginine. So, what to do?

7. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

yes, exactly @Hutan ... I went back and read some previous posts (by me, no less :)) requesting help on this topic and read responses... I'm still not clear on knowing 1) if lysine cancels out arginine, or 2) what the correct ratio of lysine:arginine should be....

from my own experience w arginine, I learned that I should not take it alone, and I've learned from all the posts + what I've read, that nitric oxide plays a curious role in M.E. - both positive and negative. The "net" answer is that nobody knows for sure. I took some arginine & lysine last night and my sinuses opened right up! I think nitric oxide is affected at high altitudes, but I don't know how... I feel great at high altitudes, so I wish I understood the chem better.... I have an appt w dr kaufman next month (which hopefully I will be able to keep, due to finances) so I can ask him then...

I wanted to delete this post because I felt like the community had answered this request for help as best they could, so it's too soon to ask again.

Hutan likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.