• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help! Took Dr Myhill's Mineral Mix in one go, have I injured my insides?

I just received my order of minerals and supps from Dr Myhill and failed to read the instruction on her MMs mix - rather than dilute with four pints of water and sip through out the day I just diluted them in a small bit of water along with the rest of the powders and knocked them back. (And made an incredible face I should think. Not tasty). I feel nauseous. Have I injured myself by taking them all at once? Anyone else done this before ??? Will I feel sick all day?

If you took the dose for just 1 day at once, it shouldn't be a medical emergency or anything. If you took more than that, it might be a problem.

alex3619

A lot of minerals in one hit may cause bowel upset and other things - they are best absorbed slowly, hence the sipping throughout the day. A single days dose should be relatively safe though. Minerals can however be toxic in excess very quickly ... if you took a months supply at once then it could easily be a medical emergency.

If it's just one days worth, I don't think you need to worry.

I'm not sure how good the evidence is that their benefit outweighs the nasty taste though.

Last edited:

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
How much did you take? scoops? she used to advocate taking two doses a day, but I think it upsets some peoples stomachs, hence the more recent advice to sip throughout the day I imagine.

Glad you are feeling better now.

taniaaust1

Glad you feel better now and it wasnt serious :) .. not a fun experience thou.

I ended up having to be ambulanced to hospital on put on a drip after I confused my prescription meds one time and accidently took an OD.