1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Help please ANY GENE GURUs on site.

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by flybro, Jan 10, 2010.

1. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Can someone please try to explain what this paper is saying about the NUPIF2 gene which I have highlighted.
    Does it have any signifigance to CFS or is it just there? Sorry its not clear press Ctrl & + to zoom in.

Its taken form page 1175 from Kerrs study here http://128.121.104.17/cfs-inform/Genes/kerr.etal08.pdf
    Any help would be much appreciated.

[​IMG]
  2. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Just bumping this up incase a any Gene gurus have missed it.
  3. ALL I can tell is the expression of this gene is significantly upregulated in cfs patients compared to controls it seems to be associated with fragile x syndrome or at least a sign of chromosomal damage in areas of the chromosome responsible for normal neuron function in areas such as working memory or other major cognitive function----it could theoretically be associated with the neurocognitive problems associated with our illness.Nufip2 unpegulation will produce symptoms similar to a neurodenerative disorder which would normally be inherited even in the absence of a genetic defect------what causes the upregulation of this gene in these patients is anyones guess but it is possible that an inserted retrovirus could cause it
  4. Advocate

Advocate Senior Member

U.S.A.
    I hope we get some answers from the study Mikovits and Kerr are doing together. (Together?)
  5. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    thank you so much,

and OMG

i think my daughters autism is fragile x, she has the odd features of fragile x.

I was investigated for turners sydrom as a child. but fragile x was unknown back then. I have the simian crease.

WOW.

I think the fragile-x could well be XMRV damage, its a repeating gene sequence mutation, depending on how many reapets as to how affected one might be. I wondered if it could be the virus writing itself into the same area repeatewdly.

I've been trying to get this question answered since october last year.

I could hug you.

My paternal grandmother had atypical MS.

infact
    :hug:
  6. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Oh and I am awaiting a reffereal to get tested, as i realise I am likely a carrier.

I only leaent about fragile-X october last year, my daughter is 21.

See more popular forum discussions.