• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help please ANY GENE GURUs on site.

flybro

Can someone please try to explain what this paper is saying about the NUPIF2 gene which I have highlighted.
Does it have any signifigance to CFS or is it just there? Sorry its not clear press Ctrl & + to zoom in.

Its taken form page 1175 from Kerrs study here http://128.121.104.17/cfs-inform/Genes/kerr.etal08.pdf
Any help would be much appreciated.

attachment.php

G

gerwyn morris

ALL I can tell is the expression of this gene is significantly upregulated in cfs patients compared to controls it seems to be associated with fragile x syndrome or at least a sign of chromosomal damage in areas of the chromosome responsible for normal neuron function in areas such as working memory or other major cognitive function----it could theoretically be associated with the neurocognitive problems associated with our illness.Nufip2 unpegulation will produce symptoms similar to a neurodenerative disorder which would normally be inherited even in the absence of a genetic defect------what causes the upregulation of this gene in these patients is anyones guess but it is possible that an inserted retrovirus could cause it

flybro

thank you so much,

and OMG

i think my daughters autism is fragile x, she has the odd features of fragile x.

I was investigated for turners sydrom as a child. but fragile x was unknown back then. I have the simian crease.

WOW.

I think the fragile-x could well be XMRV damage, its a repeating gene sequence mutation, depending on how many reapets as to how affected one might be. I wondered if it could be the virus writing itself into the same area repeatewdly.

I've been trying to get this question answered since october last year.

I could hug you.

My paternal grandmother had atypical MS.

infact
:hug:

flybro

Oh and I am awaiting a reffereal to get tested, as i realise I am likely a carrier.

I only leaent about fragile-X october last year, my daughter is 21.