1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Help!!! Neurotoxin in my brain due to Methylcobalamin B12 and Mercury Poisoning!

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by taroki, Sep 7, 2013.

1. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    i buy from GNC not because i really like their product actually but because its more reachable since the store is nearby.

yes i know iherb.com, i shop there too. but in here the DHL sometimes/usually stealth charges for handling fee, bank, storage, licence, etc which usually cost the same as the product i buy. so it could turn out as expensive as GNC.
    im interested in hydroxycobalamin too but i can only find 1 product @iherb :(
    well i took green veges everyday add some veges on almost every meal.
    i dont think i should take folate yet. will consider it later because the candida, bacteria issue. and it could also add fuel to the methylation process. so its better to wait i think.
  2. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    @kisekishiawase Advanced Orthomolecular Research is the brand, I have it and find it effective.
    Beyond likes this.
  3. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    sregan yes thats the one. i wanted to try NAD to but the NOW FOODS is out of and i dont know if it will be restocked or not. so i have to wait untill that to buy my other supplements too.
    did the AOR gave you jittery/ palpitatioin tachycardia? cause i read methylation caused that. thats why i thought of trying hydrox12 since it says its more tolerable.
  4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    kisekishiawase

As someone mentioned above, getting a 23and me test would show which type of B12 you tolerate best. Mine showed hydroxy - which I kinda knew already, but good to see it in print.
  5. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    @kisekishiawase I did not tolerate it too well. I seemed to be getting the B12 from it but it was causing me to feel worse also. Methyl B12 works without any side effects. For the Genetics I thought you had to look at COMT. I thought I would be indicated for HB12 but do much better on MB12
  6. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    so the hydroxb12 cause worse side effect than mthylb12?
    who mention that on this thread?

anyway i google about 23andme but found some site saying negative things about them.
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2241936/pg1
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/04/why-23andme-genetic-testing-is-a-waste-of-time-and-money/
    http://sandwalk.blogspot.com/2007/12/dna-geneology-scam.html
    http://www.spenceforensics.com/dnaancestry.html
    also does the dna hair analysis similiar to it?
  7. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands

A hyper-paranoid rant, mostly saying results are made up (easily disproven by the many related people who have gotten their results, and it's unlikely there'd be any "null" results if they were making things up). And then there's something about other companies making guesses about famous people who you might be related to (I haven't seen 23andMe do this, though they will report famous people from the same haplogroup).

The claims about having results done "somewhere else" with "totally different results" are also extremely vague. There are also other people who have had results from two different sites (one responding to the rant below) who haven't mentioned any disparate results.
    This one seems rather petty: a combination of ignorance, nitpicking, and feigning extreme stupidity for dramatic effect.
    1) I'm not American so the disclaimer about genetic info not being used by health insurance companies doesn't apply to me. (She's australian, and entitled to health care there.)
    2) That protection doesn't apply to Americans applying for life insurance. (So? Planning to get a life insurance policy in the US soon? Do ANY companies actually ask for genetic data?)
    3) I freaked out because I have a 1.21x greater chance of a heart attack than the general population. (Maybe she needs to learn a bit more about odds ratios and seek treatment for hysterical reactions?)
    4) The research showing risk involved Europeans, hence is irrelevant to me. (Not really. Again, she needs to learn a little more rather than making pseudo-stupid assumptions.)
    5) I can't see my paternal ancestry. (Yup. You need a Y chromosome for that.)
    6) I don't understaaaaand what it's saying about my maternal ancestry. (Seriously. How hard is to read a chart with labels

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything about 23andMe here. Just that some testing services might make misleading claims? I'd like to see specific examples relevant to 23andMe.
    The only mention here of 23andMe is that they were accused of "hedging their bets" with regards to someone's ancestry (polish or irish or arabian). Actually Arabian ancestry is extremely similar to European, and Polish and Irish are both northern European - maybe the objections are because these groups tend to look a bit different, hence are presumed to be completely unrelated?
    Crux and Beyond like this.
  8. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Phew Valentijin, I was thinking "Oh noooo now I will need to go these links, read them and say why they arent legit" and went to the first, which was the blogger girl one and didnt know where to start. Good that you did a nice outline!
    Valentijn likes this.
  9. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    kisekishiawase
    I was just meaning I didn't do well on methyl b12 - was okay on hydroxy - and then I had my 23and me results back which confirmed why - just saying - if its of no interest just ignore it.....
  10. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    i check the list of countries they ship to but only a few and mine not listed :ill:

"23andMe ships to the following countries and territories. If you do not see your country listed below, 23andMe is not available in your country of residence"

See more popular forum discussions.