1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Help interpreting HLA-Dr Results - Mold.

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Ema, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Many thanks Valentijn. The information overload of that dbSNP page has blown a fuse in my feeble brain,... but very interesting!

I am a bit confused as to why in the dbSNP page population data table, in the "Genotype Details" columns, there is not only AA, AG and GG, but also A, G and N. Why these single values of A and G? And what does N mean? Don't people always have two versions of the SNP, maternal and paternal?
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    The AA/AG/GG is for genotype frequency (actual, not calculated) and the A/G/N is for allele frequency.

The genotype column has A, G, and N in it because some idiot didn't enter the data correctly for one of the groups :p
    Hip likes this.
  3. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl

North Carolina
    Hey Valentijn,

I had a full round of celiac screening done last year. I did not test positive for any celiac antibodies, however DQ2/DQ A1 & B1 revealed I am positive for DQ8 (2 copies of DQ A1, one copy of B1).

After receiving/exchanging info from a few other members (to whom I say SO many thank yous), it looks like I am type 4-3-53. (Crap.)

Thank you guys so much for your input. Having someone to ask these technical (and occasionally scary) questions is a wonderful support.
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.