Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Help for endocrinological examinations for CFS with hypersomnia and immunodepression

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by fablepd, Oct 25, 2014.

1. fablepd

fablepd

Padova, Italy
    Hi, I asked the endocrinologist for the glucagon test , after reading some posts about people diagnosed with CFS/ME having problems not showing with normal endocrinologic tests (TSH, TS3, TS4) (see http://www.investinme.org/Article-650 MECFS PITUITARY AWARENESS.htm ).
    He only prescribed (expensive) tests about salivary cortisol at six times and glucose and insulin curve after glucose load.
    I would like to know if someone in the forum thinks that these tests would be useful in discovering also a glucagon problem / deficiency or if they are useless.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Have a nice day
    Fabio

2. misskatniss

misskatniss Senior Member

Germany
    Don´t think so, dear Fabio. But I´d do those tests and if not showing anything I´d ask him again. They often do their standard procedures, indeed. Good luck tough!

3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I had ltzero luck with 2 endocrinologists. The first one's misdiagnoses and subsequent treatment directly resulted in my getting ME/CFS. The ins was clueless.

Maybe find a different doc who is more open minded?

4. fablepd

fablepd

Padova, Italy
    Thank you so much misskatniss and minkeygirl !

See more popular forum discussions.