• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help! Do you have extra FAMVIR *brand name* (not generic) to spare?

Rrrr

Help! Do you have extra FAMVIR brand name (not generic) to spare? Or do you want to buy some with me from a compounding pharmacy? Details below.

Novartis, the drug manufacturer, has stopped making Famvir BRAND NAME. Yikes! My health goes down hill with out it.

I have tried a number of the different generic versions of Famvir, and also Valtrex, and I either get terrible side effects from them (horrible heartburn), or they are not that effective as a medication.

So I am searching for anyone who has an extra supply of FAMVIR BRAND NAME that they are not using. I have a prescription for it, of course, but no pharmacy has it anymore. Not in the US or abroad.

ALTERNATIVE IDEA: If anyone else needs Famvir brand name, like me, and you can no longer find it, let me know. We may be able to go in on a joint effort to get a compounding pharmacy to make it for us. Right now, the cost is out of my reach (thousands of dollars). But if others get involved and we split the cost, we may be able to afford it.

Thanks!

Wayne

Wow @Rrrr, I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. I don't have any solutions to offer, but want to wish you the best in figuring something out for yourself. -- Wayne :hug: