• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help Desperate Patients Get Crisis Support - Please Donate!

The American ME and CFS Society has launched a fundraiser for ME patients in financial crisis. This is a service that is badly needed. Please donate!

"Between 836,000 and 2.5 million Americans suffer from ME/CFS. One quarter of these patients are severely ill, and are either bedbound or housebound. Severely ill patients are unable to work, and many are denied disability. The financial crisis generated by a loss of income coupled with rising costs of medical care can force patients to forego necessary care and medication. In some cases, patients may even lose their homes and end up living in cars. In order to assist patients in need, AMMES is setting up a crisis fund to provide one-time grants to patients for specific needs. The funds can be used to purchase a wheelchair, pay a medical bill, hire home care, secure adequate housing, and other basic needs. All applicants will be required to provide written medical confirmation of their diagnosis, proof of financial need, and document the specific purpose of the grant. Where possible, a phone interview will be conducted. (Some severely ill patients cannot speak.) Any patient within the United States and its territories is eligible."

Learn more about AMMES at https://ammes.org/ Our mission is to provide practical support for ME/CFS patients such as helping to find physicians and information on treatments, as well as educational outreach to medical schools and public health departments. AMMES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.

Jennifer J