1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Help choose a name for a new advocacy website

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by caledonia, Jan 30, 2014.

1. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    "BiteNielk" :D

Izola and Nielk like this.
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    You are guys are funny! Thanks on the heads up for Justice for ME.

You are right, there are several considerations for the names, is the domain taken, is the name taken. Can it be turned into something visually interesting. Does it express what we want it to express and so forth.

So we won't automatically be taking the top name without considering various factors.

People do seem to want ME in the name. The top vote-getters all have ME in the name, even though there are many options without ME to choose from.

Question - do you think Rise Up for ME is too similar to Phoenix Rising or Health Rising? We don't want people thinking it's associated with those sites or to have those sites thinking we're infringing on their name.

rosie26 likes this.
  3. Izola

Izola Senior Member

4. Izola

Izola Senior Member

Please re-explain for the slow children. Who are you and how did you get here? I thought I knew what we were doing.

5. Izola

Izola Senior Member

Aren't we advocating? Throw me in the mix and my CNS Twists twist me into a tiny Frankenstinian monster. That's a good fact?-- or do I go to the closet when guests arrive? Let's not be so nice. And, as an attorney I learned a few snake charming skills.

I got into this question late. Had to sleep for a few days. So, I think I missed something. And, sometimes I'm not one of the smart kids.

6. Izola

Izola Senior Member

O.K. I get it now. It's a web site separate and apart from this one and Health Rising. As for Health Rising, We need to ask Cort and his people, in my opinion. Some days my pain and other symptoms overtake me but I deny them the pleasure of co-opting me. In doing so I sometimes get confused on one thing, but not so confused on the next but, nontheless, confused. Begging my Pardon.

I like the Rising part. It gives me images of rising from bed and knocking the rug and the S--- out of HHS and all their supporters. The end is when we install humanity, compassion, some sense and the CCC (to start) into the insane institution that is the HHS. Please feel free to add all the other good things we can do when we get mad enough to Rise Up as in Uprising.

The knocking and stomping are mapped by those beleaguered before us and as boundless as our "law abiding" eyes can see.

JustinReilly, can you imagine pulling the 2 H's off their building,rearranging the order turning one sideways and ending it with the "T". There. You have a new avatar for the Bots who sneak peeks in here and at the new site. Just a deranged thought. Oh, I hear tiny little giggles. The Sneaky Bots like it.

7. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I like "Justice for ME" and "Rise Up for ME". Both have good images.

I like Fight but some will see it as aggressive.

justinreilly, rosie26 and Izola like this.
  8. Izola

Izola Senior Member

I like both, too. Even if it is not in the name, we will be and are fighting. Somewhere we need to have a prominent banner advising that we are toiling against Human Rights Violations. In my eyes it is nothing less.

9. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I didn't vote in case I like a new suggestion (posted after my vote). I think we need to vote again with the choices narrowed down.

justinreilly and rosie26 like this.
  10. Starfive

Starfive

How about: CureME!
    I am hoping for the best in this call to action name. Web domain may not be available though.

11. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Or "Speak for ME."

justinreilly and Izola like this.
  12. Denise

Denise Senior Member

As @caledonia mentioned, it would be good to differentiate the proposed site from existing sites.

(Just a note - Speak Up About ME is already taken. http://speakupaboutme.wordpress.com/ )

13. Izola

Izola Senior Member

You mentioned leaders. I couldn't lead a box of dead mice. Maybe we should have leaders about the world self or other report so we can start a list.

14. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    The poll has ended. Many thanks to everyone for their votes and input. Between here and Facebook, we exceeded the goal of 100 and got 166 votes in total.

I need to look at the results and check for domain availability and so forth. There may be a round 2 to narrow things down further. I'll let you all know if that's the case.

15. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I think the similarity of the names Rise Up for ME, phoenix rising and health rising isn't ideal, but I don't think it's a big problem. I don't think it's similar enough to be infringement. With respect to health rising at least it really shouldn't be considered infringement since Cort apparently doesn't think health rising infringes on phoenix rising's name. And PR was ok with health rising.

Izola and SickOfSickness like this.
  16. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    That's along the same lines that I was thinking.

17. Wilted_Iris

Wilted_Iris

Did the poll close? If so, What name was chosen?

18. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    The poll is closed. The poll was helpful in narrowing down the giant list to a handful of names, but one specific name has not been chosen.

See more popular forum discussions.