1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Help choose a name for a new advocacy website

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by caledonia, Jan 30, 2014.

1. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I have it limited to one voting session per person. So if it won't let you back in, it probably "took". I found a suggestion - Voices for ME. Is that yours? I added it to the voting list.
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I don't see your suggestion in there, so you might want to try again. You have to click Vote at the bottom.
  3. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    I'm having such brainswell lately I honestly cannot remember at all what I suggested! Scary!
    I think it might have United in it somewhere, but I honestly don't know. I'm all about the all-for-one and one-for all atm. :hug:

Anyhow, would you consider posting a list of what's on the poll here, since those who've already voted can't see them? (maybe you have a good reason not to.) Since my memory is so appalling right now, I'd love to just review the choices and suggestions.
    Izola likes this.
  4. hikinglo

hikinglo

Are we talking about moving forward also? Eg. ICCME or ICCforME
  5. hikinglo

hikinglo

A friend suggested Justice4ME. Would have voted for that if I'd have thought of it! Too late - I already voted. Any takers?
    Izola likes this.
  6. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I like JusticeforME. I don't like the 4's in the names. To me it sounds like something from elementary school, something from a throwaway text or chat or something whimsical, not something to be taken seriously. My two cents.
  7. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I like 'The ME Adocacy Project' because it is very clear as to what it is.
    beaker, rosie26, Izola and 1 other person like this.
  8. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    I would say, let's stay on message- the experts picked CCC, so for now, I would suggest we get behind that.
    Izola likes this.
  9. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    The clarity is good, yes. I think it's fine, but i think something like JusticeforME (which i don't think is on there, so its only an example for now) is better bc it implies there's an injustice. Everybody's for Justice. Rise Up for ME I like bc its evocative and a call to action.

Advocacy is good, but it has a little connotation of being one-sided, advocating for your client by only presenting the best facts for your side.
  10. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I added Justice4ME to the voting list. The actual site name would probably use "for", for the reason Justin stated. For the domain name "4" could be an alternative if "for" wasn't available.
  11. Izola

Izola Senior Member

Many of us remember that and can sometimes remember it in the right order. But, we need a name that gets other people to say, "hmm . . wonder what that's about.." then click on it and get interested. That's how I found Phoenix Rising and later remembered enough of the name to find it back. Maybe something on the order of "Justice for ME, CCC" And have it so "Justice for ME" is the tag that takesyou right to the sight. (I took the 4 out for JustinReilly--no math) I suggest a group cyber hug for the creaters of CCC.
  12. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    @caledonia I am not entirely up on all the names in use, but I wondered if you had checked some of the ideas to see if they aren't being used elsewhere? I had a feeling that 'Justice4ME' might have been for example, but could (am) probably be wrong.
    Izola likes this.
  13. Izola

Izola Senior Member

Yup. Justce for me has been taken by Amanda Knox. I don't have a dog in this except for those of us so extremely ill we need a name that we know so intimately we can get to the site PLUS one which invokes outsider curiosity. On the other hand, maybe this will get the "outsiders" so familiar with CCC that the people will soon be saying, whenever the press mentions HHS/IoM, "They have the CCC, why do they need yet another definition?

BTW, to our Experts, I didn't connect Exerts & site namers, as opposed to Namees. I have so much thanks to the minds behind and the drafters of the CCC. Whatever way we can get y'all in the brightest of limelight, I'm with it. Thank You, CCC experts.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    rosie26 and Nielk like this.
  14. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    Well, you could call the site Justice for M.E. and have the domain name be something like MEJustice.com, or .org. Probably not taken. I think we could figure it out.
  15. Izola

Izola Senior Member

I like M.E. Advocacy Project, Advocacy for ME and also Rise up for M.E., My befogged mind remembers a bOOMING voice saying we had to have CCC in there. It.'l fit on the end of either. (ooh, that was Justin?) Both likely to evoke curiosity. PLUS a flaming banner in this web site ( a site in which I can't believe anyone in their right mind can find their way around) to those of us who still can't find their left shoe since August. oh. THE BANNER: bright colors, flaming bright on every first page with the new cite name and a link.
    Plus a link to my left shoe. Thank You.
  16. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    What about just "FightME". On 2nd thought, not sure that we want to put ME or CFS in the title. Both are controversial.

Something short would work - but most importantly is if you can lead and rally people. The name will be secondary - seasoning for the steak.
    Izola likes this.
  17. Izola

Izola Senior Member

Issus? Hot Damn. We'll be here until the Earth boils over. I'm assuming you are talking aout each of us ME-ers personally?

Actually, I like it. It's aggressive.
    rosie26 likes this.
  18. Izola

Izola Senior Member

19. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    If you want aggressive, why not call it 'BiteME'.
  20. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Haha! Nielk! :lol:
    Izola, allyb and Nielk like this.

See more popular forum discussions.