• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help Body Remove Toxics

What are the various options to help the body remove toxic substances during methylation? I believe Rich mentioned lemon juice, but I don't know how much to take.

Thanks!
Elaine

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Alpha Lipoic Acid is one thing I depend on as well as others. I love using lemon juice too! I get kidney stones that NEVER pass and get large. I have to drink it for that also!

suzanne

I have read that ala helps the liver. But I am too concerned to take it as the Andy culter mercury chelation protocol suggests that ala mobilises mercury and just redistributes it if youo do not take it about every 3 hours around the clock- any one have any experience on this?
Does ala on its own safely chelate mercury?

Epsom Salts help the body remove toxins. Your body needs magnesium and sulfate to remove toxins.
see www.enzymestuff.com
In there it says:
You can also consider epsom salts, activated charcoal, vitamin C or other measures commonly used to help relieve die-off symptoms.

In particular look at this diagram... http://www.nutriwest.com/articles/homovmsm.htm
the box at bottom right is the liver detox path and you see to get to it you need sulfate and magnesium (which most Americans are short of since we do not eat enough greens, which is an important source of magnesium). Epsom Salts supply both the magnesium and the sulfate.