The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Heavy metal testing

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by vamah, Feb 11, 2015.

1. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    I know this must be on the forum already, but I can't find. Does anyone have suggestions for a reputable lab for heavy metal testing of hair? Some o found seem sketchy ( can test sold on Amazon be any good?) but I don't know how to evaluate. Thanks.

2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    There are two labs listed on this link, one requires a doctor's order (Doctor's Data) and the other doesn't (Direct Laboratory Services). Direct Laboratory Services provides the doctor's order. I believe they are very reputable, are recommended by people familiar with Andrew Cutler's mercury protocol. I had testing done by Direct Laboratory and it was fine: http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/HOW_TO_hair_test.html

3. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    Thank you so much. I am leaning towards the lab that doesn't require a doctor's order even though it costs a little more. Honestly, my doctor is a sweetheart and would order whatever I asked even if he thinks it is misguided. But, if it turns out there's nothing, I won't have to admit to him that another of my half baked ideas was wrong. :rolleyes:

Mary likes this.
  4. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Hair testing is not necessarily accurate as hair is exposed to many environmental factors. Even somthing as innocuous as shampoo or blow drying your hair can change results.

Is there a blood test available?

Barb

See more popular forum discussions.