• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heavy Brain fog and energy fluctuation - history of depression and anxiety

Gondwanaland

Chris Kresser talks about it, but at end he seems to be much more convinced of self made Kefir to provide health benefits.
Many times I find that CK misses the point and here is a good example. Kefir doesn't have the anti-histamine properties that boulardii has, on the contrary.
supermarket Yogurt contains more or the same amount of histamine I think compared to Kefir
A2 dairy contains proline in place of histamine. I have only access to A1 dairy where I live.
I hope I can tolerate the amount of vitamin A in it.
Yes, go slow with it.
whole ear 2013 I ate yogurt every morning and I reached a state where I was not that bipolar anymore
Perhaps it will be a good addition to your diet after all. I think you can keep your ketogenic state and still eat high fat dairy?
My last meal was Sunday 8 pm. So now is day 2 and today at 8 pm I will have 48 hours. Hope to see the effect tomorrow in the morning already.
Good luck with that, and please report back.

Santino

I can´t say that about Chris Kresser.

The yogurt which is available in Germany contains histamine as it is produced by fermentation of Lactose.

I am now at 68 hours of water fasting. I noticed that my symptoms faded away completely today. I decided to try again Natriumselenite because I think it is crucial to get my levels up.

But unfortunately I noticed some of the symptoms coming back with it.

I will brake my fast tomorrow in the morning after 84 hours.

At least I may have profit of the autophagy which found place and maybe my leaky gut is a little better, who knows.

I noticed the antidepressive effects of fasting yesterday, making me little manic (irritability, too much energy).

I think a 2 week fast would stop my autoimmune conditions. Of curse I don´t know, but I think that all these processes in my body are reactions to food and chemicals and substances.

If I was overweight or at least a little overweight and had no deficiencies like Selenium deficiency, I would consider a fast which would last 2 weeks.

But i cannot do that. I am loosing too much weight then and especially muscle tissue because I cannot exercise at this moment. Conserving muscles could be very important for me if I cannot exercise on the long term.

So tomorrow I will have to eat rice and chicken again with some flaxseed oil. I will tomorrow start making my own kefir from full fat organic milk to provide me complete protein, some more vitamins and also a better source of fatty acids. I hope that I can tolerate it. Would be very beneficial.

Either I try eating 1-4 brazil nut everyday before I start with kefir or after that. One brazil nut covers 100% of daily selenium. Would be better to eat many everyday for a few weeks but I don´t know if the selenium triggers or if it is the synthetic form of it. Maybe my body tolerates natural selenium...

Santino

After I tried the selenium and had the allergic symptoms, I am sensitive to coldness. I get severe brain fog from that.

My depressive symptoms also come back now.

When I look at all my symptoms it looks like as I get sicker and sicker, weaker and weaker. Maybe it is pointing into something like CFS and MCS...

I have no idea what to do about that further. Looks like I cannot tolerate Kefir also. I have no idea what to do further. I never tried methylfolate on its own. Just in a multimineral. Should I try b12, methylfolate and b6 on it'own? I know that I tolerate b12 and b6. But never tried methylfolate on it's own...

My last hopes to reverse the negative processes going on are LDN and FMT. The FMT is in May and I don't think that this will do anything against this allergic like symptoms...

Gondwanaland

I can only maintain my suggestion for maganesium oxide and Saccharomyces boulardii. These resolved my problem with intolerances. Of course they might not work for you, but I think it is worth trying.

I haven't tried LDN myself yet nor am I able to tolerate methylation supplements other than low dose MB12 every now and then.

Santino

I take magnesium oxide since 1 week. No difference. my symptoms are worse. But that´s not due to magnsium oxide I think...

What intolerances do you mean? Did you also have flu-like symptoms? I can´t get a pure supplement for Sacchamyces boulardii. The shop you sended does not ship to Germany...:-/

Santino

2 x times recommended dose daily as a stool softener...Does work a little.

What symptoms from food did you have? Also flu like symptoms? Or what were your symptoms you had from the intolerances which got better trhough s.b.?

Iherb does not send to germany. I found a product now which is the same but is really expensive in Germany. I will check again research about s.b. because last time I did not really find good evidence about it. You listed some people, but they all did not clearly advise to take s.B.. But maybe I overlooked it. I searched maybe half an hour...

The flu like symptoms are my reaction t o foods and supps. Even tiny amounts like 50 mikrog of Selenium trigger these, or vitamin C. 50mg of Glutamin etc. etc.

It should not be a detox problem with such tiny amounts. Also not my gut as the the symptoms can start even after 10 minutes. it seems that I react as soon as the stuff is in my blood. (also tried selen injections and had a reaction to a vitamin injections...

So is seems that it is more an false immune response...

This is the problem I talked about so often when I say flu like symptoms...

Gondwanaland

I had heavy brain fog and energy fluctuation, suffocation, glottis edema, low body temperature from almost all foods, tooth paste, supplements (vit C, vit A etc).

Gondwanaland

Mainly thanks to magnesium oxide. Sodium bicarbonate baths and S. boulardii were important coadjuvants.

Santino

were you magnesium deficient?

I really never had this bad and long brain fog like the last two days. It really feels like like my brain is inflamed. It is horrible. I would like to bump my head against a table...

Wayne

Hi @Santino,

This might seem like it's coming straight out of left field, but have you ever considered energetic exercises? I do the Cortices technique daily, and find it to be very helpful, even for relieving depressive and anxiety states. Here's a couple of short videos which explains more about it. The woman in the second video specifically mentions fibromyalgia and CFS. It sounds like you're going through a really rough time--good luck finding something that works for you.

The Cortices Technique with Dr. John Veltheim

Balance Your Brain with BodyTalk: The Cortices Technique

Donna Eden also has some excellent tips in ths video:

Donna Eden 5 Min Energy Routine

Gondwanaland

I really never had this bad and long brain fog like the last two days
Several thing can trigger brain fog. Among them are too low and too high serotonin in my personal experience.

BTW you are +/+BHMT 02 and 08 and might react badly to methyl donors.

Santino

I took them once half year ago in a multivitamin. I got somewhat more anxious and irritable when I took it, but of course there were lots of other things in it. Also Vitamin C. I just took third capsule of a b complex. So I just took:
37mg B3
34mg B5
34mg B1
7mg B6 (half of it activated)
1,6mg B2
134mg Methyfolate
134 Methylcobalamin

Now that I read you post, I regret it a bit to try that in my situation (depressed and brain fog). Because getting overexcited in my situation can be very bad. My hope was/is to lift the brain fog and depression. I read that many people have relieve of BF from Methylfolate.

Maybe this was just a stupid idea in my situation...

Today I woke up, still heavy brain fog. Still depressed very bad. My life seems not worth fighting for me at this moment and I just can hope that I can get out of this state very quick. I know this state because I had it often last summer. The ketogenic diet was the only thing which relieved this dangerous state.

But I can´t eat ketogenic as I react to all the food. Life is just unfair for me, especially in the last 3 years...I would know what to do, but I cannot. That makes me helpless...

Yesterday I had all the bowel movements which my body skipped for 4 days. It was so much mass. Maybe a 1,5 pounds... With some blood in it. So my proctitis is now active for about 2-3 weeks because everytime I have some blood in my stool although the stool is soft because of the magnesium. I think that my depression and brain fog have to do with that, too. And the inflammation in my gut comes because I can´t take probiotics and have to eat high carb. That´s both crap for gut inflammation.

In my case the brain fog is related to what I eat and my GI-Tract Gond. When I eat nothing, the brain fog relieves. I think this time it would take 48-72hours. But eating nothing is too dangerous for me at this moment...And as I saw: As soon as I eat again, symptoms come back. So I would fast me to death if I want to avoid symptoms...

Edit:
I had bowel movement and after that I felt as if the brain fog faded away. But then I took megnesiumoxide. 20-30 min later the brain fog came full blown back. Can it be caused by the magnesium oxide?!

Santino

It can just be caused by rice, chicken, flax oil or the magnesium oxide. The symptoms get worse and worse again.

Yesterday the were worst in afternoon (took magox in morning) then symptoms faded away and I took it again 18:30. I then took again a dose. After an hour my eyes were very itchy and dry. I am quite sure, that is because of the mag ox.

This mag ox is a stool softener. (mag oxide + mag peroxide) So maybe it is due to the mag-peroxide.
I can´t say. But I am quite sure the reactions comes from this. I never had this bad brainfog in my life. Not even in the worst depression phase which I had the whole summer...

Edit:
Now I also get very dizzy. It is really extreme. I know these symptoms from the last summer. I had them very often. But never as worse as yesterday and today. There really just two options: Either it is from the mag-ox/perox or SIBO is back and I am getting dizzy because of eating rice. Or maybe the mag-ox makes the food come indigested to the colon and that´s the reason I have these symptoms again?!

Gondwanaland

Can it be caused by the magnesium oxide?!
It might be feeding unhealthy flora in your gut.
MgO must be taken away from food because it alkalinize the stomach.
Peroxide needs catalase to be broken down to water and oxygen. If you don't produce enough catalase the H2O2 might be causeing many problems.

Santino

I did follow them, but they are much about methylation and heavy metal toxicity...And I cannot go by any of the protocols.

I have now anxiety attacks. Long time ago I had this. I also had this when I first took Methylfolate. I took it in the morning and had anxiety attacks in the afternoon/evening...(it was in the multimineral I mentioned)

And now I also have it...

I think that it is absurd to figure this all out on my own and via internet. I am hopeless and sick. I need help. I need help from a real person who knows everything I know and knows even more to help me.

I have no more energy to try things out you or everyone else is saying, if do not have the help of a real person who can explain everything to my family.

I am all alone with these fucking problems...

Gondwanaland

I am sorry that no one wiser than me chimed in here to help you. I only know what is going on with me and my doctors can only prescribe the same protocols they prescribe to all their patients and don't work very well with me.

Crux

I don't think I know anyone wiser than @Gondwanaland !

Santino, how was your SIBO treated? From what I've read about it; it can be a real bugger to treat. Some antibiotics inhibit or eradicate certain bacteria and not others.

Some of the microbes that cause constipation are from the archaea domain, and can cause constipation. The antibiotic, neomycin, added to the rifaximin protocol, may help reduce the SIBO,, thereby helping food intolerances, possibly.