• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heavy Brain fog and energy fluctuation - history of depression and anxiety

Gondwanaland

Would be nice if u answer to my question :)

And if you tell me where u are thinking about?
Sorry, I don't know much about the subject myself, but have read that it plays a role especially with atoimmunity.
For instance there are these blog posts for beginners, which are very superficial and I don't now if accurate:
http://autoimmune-paleo.com/what-is-the-role-of-th1-and-th2-in-autoimmune-disease/
http://selfhacked.com/2014/06/16/supplements-foods-exercise-right-type-th1-vs-th2-dominance/
http://www.wellnessalternatives-stl.com/am-i-th1-or-th2-or-th17/
http://selfhacked.com/2014/11/11/treg/

Not sure if one of those mention probiotics

Santino

Had contact with lab in Georgia.

They said that bacteria, which were considered as non pathogenic by german and UK-Labs, are opportunistic pathogens.

I am talking about hemolytic e.coli.

I had this bacteria in every stool test I did. First one was 2013. The institution in Georgia make phages to kill bacteria instead of using antibiotics.

Maybe I will travel to Georgia soon. I have to figure out what is possible.

Gondwanaland

I am glad you finally got some feedback that makes sense! Why don't you go to the De Meirleir clinic in Belgium?

Santino

Why should I go there?

Please give some explanations to your posts Gond. Last time I also did not know why to take Glutamine and I looked into two references you posted. Glutamine was not even mentioned there...

Thank you :)

Gondwanaland

He tests and treats all kinds of infections. There are several threads about him here at PR (KDM= Kenny de Meirleir).

Glutamine regenerates gut lining.

I won't post references because I don't have any. It is not in my research priority. I am just mentioning as a suggestion for you to look into. I know you like to do your own research. ;)

Santino

You do not need to provide any research but I want you to argue why I should do a special thing...

In western medicine they treat not with phagetherapy.

Tired of being sick

Are you sure that you have Vitiigo and not Livedo Riticularis?

Because I thought I had Vitiigo but was diagnosed with Livedo Riticularis

The Importance of Orthostatic Intolerance in the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

The signs that are most helpful include the presence of livedo reticularis or acral vasoconstriction, collapse of pulse pressure during rapid standing, and exaggerated postural tachycardia or large swings in heart rate or pulse pressure during stand. It is important to realize that patients often have good or bad periods of several days duration; hence, clinical signs may fluctuate. If an appropriate history is obtained but signs are lacking, we suggest that the patient be reevaluated clinically.

Santino

it is surely vitiligo.

What do you mean by the other link?

I do not have CFS although I have some symptoms of CFS like brain fog and sometimes depression/anxoety/irritability...

Santino

I have a big problem.

I was almost symptom free for about three weeks while I was sticking to the diet:

basmati rice, chicken, flax seed oil and green tea.

I used niacine up to 1g before exercise and then I went into the sauna. I did enema water enema every other day. Felt good during those 3 weeks, especially compared to the time before, although I knew that this is just a short time protocol until I start my FMT.

Last week (Tuesday and Wednesday) I had my first and second FMT in a clinic and that was the reason I wanted to try out new foods.

But before I went into the clinic I tested my Vitamin D levels and they were 24ng/ml, so suboptimal.

I am an fucking idiot because I brought myself into the situation I am now in. I brake out in a cry while writing this because I miss the time before and I never wanted to do that to me...But I cannot turn back the time...

I got "Dekristol" which is a Vitamin D3 supplement with 20.000IU per pill.

I read some studies about Vitamin D but this was too long ago and I confused some informations and ended up taking 600.000 IU while I just needed 300.000 IU. But even then I should have taken just 10.000 a day knowing about how sensitive I am. But on the other hand I thought, that I might get intolerant to the Dekristol after a few days of taking it. So I thought I should get my D into range immediately.

After FMT I felt better and as if I was on a good path...My plan was to slowly introduce new foods.

But then I took 300.000 IU on Thursday afternoon. I already noticed that I got into an euphoric state in the evening.

On Friday I took the second and the last dose in the morning, again 300.000 IU.

In the afternoon I suddenly felt a "brain crash". It felt like sudden dizzyness together with agitation.

Since then I am rapid cycling into really bad agitation states and depression states and I have the heaviest brain fog I ever had. I feel like I need to put a nail into my head. I have suicidal thoughts because I cannot handle the depression, the agitation and the brain fog. I even get the agitation-attacks at night so that my sleep is crap. This going now since Friday (4 days).

And I cannot get the Vitamin D out of my system.

I have no idea what to do?

Does anybody have any idea how to alleviate these mixed states? Exercise does not work. Niacin seemed to make the agitation even heavier. Vitamin C just gives me the slight allergy symptoms but does not help. Magnesium Citrate does not help...

CBD oil gave me brain fog the day before FMT so I don´t think that it could work now...

Stridor told me that he used nicotine to fight brain fog.

I read a bit about that. I find very contradicting information about that. Some studies suggest it may have antiinflammatory properties, other say that it makes brain inflammation worse or every withdrawal gives slight inflammation.

I am anxious to make things even worse. I am acutely suicidal already (I have my brother and parents around me some of the time). But I need to try something.

Medication from psychiatrists are likely not to function because of my intolerances. I also would need to receive a special medication without fillers. All that would take too much time and then still I cannot imagine that those would help me with my brain fog, depression and agitation at the same time unless they prescribe me many medications...

Gondwanaland

Oxalate overload seems a good match to intolerance to vit D and Vit C.

You could give a try with acidophilus, longum and bifidum probiotics.

Santino

The reactions to D and C are very different ones. And I always take probiotics (b.longum, L. plantarum, rhamnous and Helvetius)

The week after I took the D was horrible. Then I felt okay for one week and now it is there again and even worse: I have constant flu like reaction.

But now it seems more like FMT was the triggering factor. I have FMTs from different donors and it seems like a few give me that reaction and other made that better. Unfortunately I do not have the others anymore because they are used up.

I now make a pause with FMT and hope that it will get better.

It is horrible to experience depression, brain fog and agitation/anxiety again. I feel helpless at the moment. My diet is very restrictive already and I try everything with so much effort since 2 years now.

I do not want to arouse compassion, but during phases of brain fog and depression I have more and more suicidal thoughts. I think about how this could be done etc.

Still there is a big aggression against any attempt if making suicide, but there is the suffering on the other side and the fact that there is no quality of life despite all the effort + no one who seems to be able to help me.

Regular doctors think I am crazy and it is in my head. They would prescribe me drugs (I guess). And alternative medicine is my approach since years and although it had sometimes effect, it never could put me on the path out of disease into health...

What is leftover now as a try would be helminthic therapy. But I am feeling too weak and I would need a doctor who would give me motivation to try it and who helps me. Somebody where I can go to when things get worse so that I am not alone with that. It needs to be somebody who is able to think for me about my diseases and the possible ways out of there...

xrunner

I do not want to arouse compassion, but during phases of brain fog and depression I have more and more suicidal thoughts. I think about how this could be done etc.
I'd really look for help if you feel unable to cope.

Personally I always perceived this illness as a competitor, an enemy. In some respects it seems to have a life of its own and wants to establish itself, hinder or prevail over our efforts, occupy as much of our freedom and health, make us feel miserable etc.
What helped me when I was unwell was that I could never entertain the thought that this illness might have the better of me. Although I lost many many battles I could never allow the "enemy" to win the war. And if you keep fighting you always have a chance (I say that with hindsight).

And alternative medicine is my approach since years and although it had sometimes effect, it never could put me on the path out of disease into health...
You said it.

I would need a doctor who would give me motivation to try it and who helps me. Somebody where I can go to when things get worse so that I am not alone with that. It needs to be somebody who is able to think for me about my diseases and the possible ways out of there...
You may want to see somebody who has a track record of helping real patients. No dr can help everybody with ME but some have some success. There are very few indeed but @Gondwanaland is right that KDM is one of them.
Best wishes

Santino

You say that I should seek help but who the fuck can help me? I do not go to psychiatric doctors. I bet those make me just worse.
I think that I have the same attidude you have. Yesterday I was alone in my car driving home and I was depressive, fogged and there were pictures and plans coming up how I could set an end.
But I never felt like doing it. It is more like making me either somber thinking it, but it also made me angry, very angry. I feel also like there is that enemy and although I was at the bottom yesterday I screamed at him: BUT I WILL NOT (kill myself).

This gave me power although feeling so bad. But I think that the longer and more severe you illfeeling is, the more difficult it will get.

You can brake every animal and every human in that way. Bring them in a situation where they have no solution and let them try to find the solution but always hurt them after an attempt. On the long term those animals and humans will loose motivation and stop attempting to find a solution.

I know that this is a forum of chronic fatigue, but I have to say that I do not have CFS/ME. I ended up here because I found this forum to be helpful for other diseases which share symptoms with CFS like brain fog or autoimmunity or inflammation etc.

My problem are several autoimmune diseases and severe food intolerance and unspecific symptoms like brain fog and heavy mood swings which I self diagnosed as bipolar II ultra rapid cycling (the typical trigger which set on BPD set on my mood swings as well--> drugs, alcohol, disturbing circadian rythm etc.).

But because all those symptoms seem to be immune system related I have no idea where to seek help. I won´t begin taking drugs I don´t trust in. I think that they make me worse and they also always contain filers etc. I react too.

I am searching for help the last 4 years but either Doctors do not take me serious or they say that they can´t help me.

Maybe I should contact this doctor and ask him if he is able to help me.

I am eating rice, chicken, flax seed oil and drin green tea now for 3,5 months now. I was hoping that FMT will shift something and maybe give me more tolerance. But this did not happen yet. My first FMT was on 5th May and in that time I had 14 FMTs from different donors. Some donor made me feel really bad while one donor made me feel really calm for two days. But no FMT is the same. In depends so much on what those people ate before. So for example the same donor which made me feel great gave me a flu like reaction+ brain fog+ depression/agitation (like I ate many things I do not tolerate).

Gondwanaland

Here are lists of probiotics that help clearing oxalates. Give them a try. I am getting a mix from my local compounding pharmacy to help with that. I just took some acidophilus and all of a sudden I felt great on it for the 1st time. Slept really well. But improvement is a bumpy road.
oxalate degradation commercial probiotics copy.jpg oxalate degration pure probiotics copy.jpg

Here is information on oxalates http://www.lowoxalate.info/
Be warned that there is lots of bad advice around like supplementing calcium for instance. Don't go that route.

I find that presence of oxalates in organs and glands explains autoimmune attack pretty well. Also explains degeneration of the gut lining. There are references to research in the link above.

Santino

thank you but I tried those probiotics, too. Not from that person but I tried many probiotics. I can take them for a while and then my immune system begins reacting to them...SOmetimes it takes months until that happens, sometimes it is within one day....