• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heart disease supplements

physicsstudent13

is there anything that can safely break down existing plaques? I know aspirin can help stop plaques from forming. is nattokinase great or menaquinone, vitamin K2? coq10 seems to have cured my palpitations and chest pain- I used to get this clogged or strangulated feeling in the chest like angina

my cholesterol came out high after liver damage so I'm taking omega 3 fish oil to balance the high omega 6 and raise my HDL, lower LDL. I think I have really bad blood vessels from diabetes already and need to exercise more

maryb

iherb code TAK122
My husband takes serrapetase (for about 3yrs) - he had a TIA a few months ago - the docs have done every test known and didn't and still can't find anything - he is in the peak of health, the docs are mystified - now was the serrapeptase responsible for helping rid the clot away???
It doesn't interfere with blood clotting mechanism of the blood so okay to take with blood thinners, supposed to help keep arteries clean?.
He gets bad arthritis in his finger joints if he misses taking it for a few days as well.

physicsstudent13

thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is also interesting as a possible clotbuster blood thinner. the serrapetase seems to work in another way and that's really credible that a German doctor is supporting it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nattokinase
there was a NYtimes article about a family that had advanced heart disease undetected on echo cardiograms that was discovered by xray catheterization
I got a stress echocardiogram but it didn't show the cause of my chest pain and palpitations so I think it misses heart disease. I'm looking at ubiquinol too. in a study of 422 heart failure patients the mortality rate of the coq10 group is 50% lower (ongoing study)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coq10

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
physicsstudent13

EDTA chelation is supposed to remove plaque. I had it for other reason and later tests showed no plaque, but I don't know what my status was before chelation.

I take Nattokinase as a blood thinner and it has a reputation as a biofilm buster, but I don't know what the evidence is.

Sushi

physicsstudent13

I'm trying to get catheterization for my unexplained chest pains and palpitations. I'm stopping the coffee and caffeine.
this doctor is saying that serrapetase may be better than EDTA. coq10 also increases O2 to mitochondria

its great q10 helped u cured your palpitation. when i read people having awsome result from it but im still having problem even after taking it, i feel glad but sad at the same times. anyway. what about hawthorn?
garlic? i also read about systemic enzym for heart health. such as serrapetase but havent tried.

physicsstudent13

does ubiquinol do the same thing as coq10 or is it's function different? I had high axes on EKG, high R axis and mitral valve prolapse, right bundle blockage, enlarged right ventricle/atrium EKGs. is there anything else that is good?

physicsstudent13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubiquinol#Nutrient_function_summary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejection_fraction
is piping rock a good source for vitamins and supplements? they also sell edta.
so do you think serrapeptase may be better than edta....edta is fda approved I think for removing lead but in IV form not the oral form
is the calcium edta the same as this form?
http://www.iherb.com/MRM-Cardio-Chelate-With-EDTA-180-Veggie-Caps/4665

there was one supplier from florida that had a complaint about one of their supplements so does it matter what brand of serrapeptase you get, is the 120,000 units a day a safe dose? I'm going to try the oral EDTA. I feel better taking charcoal 3g

does ubiquinol do the same thing as coq10 or is it's function different? I had high axes on EKG, high R axis and mitral valve prolapse, right bundle blockage, enlarged right ventricle/atrium EKGs. is there anything else that is good?
well they said:
"Ubiquinol is the reduced (active antioxidant) state of Co-Q10, the form produced by our cells and is significantly better absorbed as a supplement."
so far ive tried. coq10 from Doctors Best, Nows Food and GNC.
they taste different. the nows food leaves "orange taste" like after consuming for about 1 hour. i wonder why.
some people also reviewed, different brand have diff effect on them. but i couldnt notice the difference :aghhh:
anyway, have you heard about l-arginine? and l-carnitine? ive read different things about them. some stated its helpful some said it may not be good.

physicsstudent13

I think I had significant improvement with coq10 and want to try the ubiquinol which is being studied. eventually though the supplements may damage the liver and kidneys, even whey protein damages the kidneys it seems

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
I do not know the 'real' names of the Vitamin K's but be careful - I was told by someone here that you cannot take MK-7 in a high dose - it is toxic. You can supposedly take MK-4 in a high dose as its done (in Japan?) for osteoporosis. I bought a 15mg dose from OAR. MK-4 is supposed to take calcium out of your arteries and put it in your bones where it belongs. Natto is also supposed to clear out plaque in your arteries. I read that pomegranate melts plaque in a dose of 4 oz, which in 3 months with weekend off, takes 3 months to melt 13% according to some study. I checked tho and it inhibits drug excretion via CYP3A4 so be careful and don't take it every day or some drug doses will build up perhaps to toxic doses. I can't prove any of this on me. I was tested via ultra sound and they found 13-24% blockage of one carotid artery so I am trying to melt that and retest eventually. Until then I will not really know.

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
My doctor put me on berberine to lower cholesterol without affecting CoQ10 the way statins do. Look it up on google/scholar - there are many studies about it. I know nothing about how anything interacts with drugs though and you need to discuss with your doc.

I want to mention that there is no blood test that accurately shows the magnesium level in the heart...in other words you can look ok and not be ok. There is a saliva magnesium test...not sure how god it is, I have never tried it.
http://www.testcountry.com/products.html?product=1741
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/92/8/2190.full (Correlation of saliva Mg test with cardiac Mg levels)

physicsstudent13

by the way triffid113 has your doctor given you medication like a clotbuster drug? I found my cardiologists to be too conservative and they didn't treat my chest pains and tachycardia and palpitations. after starting coq10 I have less chest pain but still some tachycardia, maybe ubiquinol is better?
the echocardiograms may not detect disease as well as xray catheterization (not sure how risky this procedure is).
statins may cause pain and memory problems. there is also serrapeptase and other enzymes (there's some risk of cereberal hemorrhage, one patient had cereberal hemmorhage on both serrapeptase and aspirin). I take berberine also- studies show that it may help fatty liver and diabetes and stomach infections too, it is supposed to help insulin resistance in cells also

physicsstudent13

well I started serra 120k 2x/day, natto, EDTA MRM cardio- I hope it's not too much. there was a case of brain bleed with aspirin+natto. should I take serra/natto away from food to increase effectiveness? anyway I'm really busy with school these days and can't really post well

physicsstudent13

what is NAD? do I have to take serra/natto,EDTA 2 hours away from meals so it's not wasted? well theoretically if you could get results from molasses that would be better since risk of overdose or complications is less on food, but I kind of doubt that you can get the benefit of supplements like ubiquinol
I still feel exhausted and am sleeping more on the ventilator, but maybe it takes a month to feel results. I'm not sure if raising testosterone helps heart disease, I probably have some damage from diabetes and enlarged right ventricle/atrium on the EKG

lastgasp

I've never heard of CoQ10 damaging the liver and kidkneys, (unless the liver and kidkneys are already diseased in which case pretty much anything puts a stress on them) would be interested to know the source of this claim.