1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dysautonomia and POTS: An Overview
Andrew Gladman considers the importance of dysautonomia and several of its component parts -- neurally mediated hypotension, inappropriate sinus tachycardia and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome -- all recognised as problematic comorbidities by ME/CFS patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hearing sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by Gavman, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    I was just diagnosed with a bacterial infection in my ear, I get throat culture results back tomorrow.
    As a major cause of distress in my life - I have had a somewhat deaf mother and brother so it was always jarring when they talked and I wasn't able to think when they talked.. while this is apparent in autism, there is also an illness http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperacusis#section_3
    Which details such. Kind of fits with a potential viral or bacterial component.
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    That's interesting.

Sound sensitivity (and hence also having trouble with concentration when someone is talking) are also common issues of ME.
  3. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Did a doctor test you because you complained of ongoing hearing sensitivity, or because he saw something when he looked? Was it a simple swab?

See more popular forum discussions.